Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY RY4

Options
  • 13-03-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm ready to start mixing my own. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where's the best place to get supplies?

I mean should I try to get the VG from a chemist or Dr Oetko's in tesco's?

Should I buy the PG (no nicotine) from somewhere like this:
    http://mistralie.co.uk/catalogue/product/316/MPG-Propylene-Glycol-Monopropylene-Glycol

I'd like to be able to get the RY4 flavour from the same place as I get the PG based nicotine (around 54mg) to save on shipping.

What's the best way to go? Or is there a one stop for all this stuff I should be looking at?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.inawera.com

i think most of us buy our bases from there

dont think they have an ry4 flavouring though, or a 54mg base

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Cig-eliquid do a 50ml concentrate for 13.80 Euro. Tasted my first mix tonight and it's fine. Cloud 9 do 100ml for 30 sterling...expensive but their RY4 is supposed to be very good and Flavourart do 100ml for something around 20 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

http://www.inawera.com

i think most of us buy our bases from there

dont think they have an ry4 flavouring though, or a 54mg base

I checked them out alright but couldn't find the RY4 either. Anyone have any experience with these:
    http://www.vapourzone.co.uk/E-liquid-mixing-supplies.html

http://www.toscanamall.com/en/eliquid-flavors/237-ruyan-4-ry4-flavor-for-e-liquids-flavour-art.html

they have flavourart ry4 for pretty cheap
    something like 5 euro shipping for all orders under 2kg

• Advertisement

http://www.toscanamall.com/en/eliquid-flavors/237-ruyan-4-ry4-flavor-for-e-liquids-flavour-art.html

they have flavourart ry4 for pretty cheap
    something like 5 euro shipping for all orders under 2kg

Thanks for that, but they only have the 36mg nic.

I'll continue my research.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Liberty flight have strong nic bases, RY4 and free shipping at the moment. Though their prices look a little high at first glance, but I haven't really compared them properly.

ukvapers 10% off too

Liberty seem a tad expensive

• Advertisement

They look good thanks, I'll let ye know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I got Flavourart RY4 from inaweraflavours.com before and i only threw out about 6ml from a 7ml bottle the other day. Tasted like black pepper, was rotten.
    Was so bad i would'nt swap it or give it away to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

ukvapers 10% off too

ECR69 = 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

derra wrote: »
    I got Flavourart RY4 from inaweraflavours.com before and i only threw out about 6ml from a 7ml bottle the other day. Tasted like black pepper, was rotten.

Great.

Got some of that RY-4 on the way from Inawera...

mrplop wrote: »
    Great.

With the Flavourart RY4, it probably needs extra flavours to go with it and i was'nt going down that road. Was either nice as it is or not.

There is so many variations of the stuff i could just make a juice up, sell it as RY4. (Same could be said for any flavour i suppose, but there is a mad obsession regarding RY4 !)

If ya got it before somewhere and liked it, probably best to buy that juice i reckon.

Let us know anyway what ya think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

What kind of concentration did you use derra, I find with alot of their flavours that anything more than 2 drops in 5ml of base is overpowering and a very chemically taste. Most of their flavours are incredibly strong...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Great.

I'v got it and liked it, add it bit by bit till you get a taste you like, I found 10% good. Yes their is a pepery tickle their but I think its the base I used, the dirty neutral, I have noticed it with other flavors too. Its not exactly like the dekang RY4 but close.

Feeling better about my purchase...

Gryzor wrote: »
    What kind of concentration did you use derra, I find with alot of their flavours that anything more than 2 drops in 5ml of base is overpowering and a very chemically taste. Most of their flavours are incredibly strong...

Been a while now since i mixed it, but i had mixed a few with different measurements and let it steep for a while as ya do with Flavourart stuff.
    Just did'nt get the taste i expected or hoped for, cheap to try to so no harm done.

Only ever got one F'art juice after that, can't be bothered waiting around for it to settle and discover it needs a bit more of this or a bit more of that and then wait again.

Very strong flavours alright, same with Inaweras stuff.

Thread on F'art RY4 here...
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/16421-flavour-arts-ry4-concentrate/

• Advertisement

Unfortunate abreviation for Flavourarts...

Half the folks that used their RY-4 love it and the rest hate it, just shows you how subjective this all is. For example, I'm amazed anyone likes Halo Torque 56 because I think it tastes like ass - I'm hoping this stuff is okay because it'll take at least a week before I can get another few flavours.

This'll teach me for putting all my eggs in one basket...

Got my Inawera order today (posted from Poland on Monday) mixed 30ml's with about 6% of flavouring and couldn't wait for it to steep.

I can see what you say about the peppery tickle but it's not a deal breaker - fairly happy so far, tastes more like RY-4 than the first stuff I ever got - TBS premium RY-4, which tasted fruity.

Happy.

Good stuff, ya will feel that 6% flavour in a few days if ya let it steep.
    Do another 5ml one the same and leave it be for a week(longer even) and then see what it's like.

Yeah the TBS RY4 had a blueberry taste off it or something, enjoyed it at the time all the same and bought plenty of it.

Derra must have similar taste in efluids - in the space of less than 4 days the Flavourarts RY-4 tastes like Über ass.

Got 10ml of Hangsen RY-4 concentrate on the way - hoping it tastes better than this stuff.

Oh well...

Derra must have similar taste in efluids - in the space of less than 4 days the Flavourarts RY-4 tastes like Über ass.

Got 10ml of Hangsen RY-4 concentrate on the way - hoping it tastes better than this stuff.

Oh well...

Try it again maybe but just use 3% in a 5ml mix, maybe lower even as they are very strong concentrates and leave it for few days.
    I suspect you will probably still not like it anyway but that's the way to do it with Flavourart stuff.

Think that Hangsen stuff requires 10% and maybe more.

Get yourself some Gold Ducat and Tobacco C from Inawera and ya be wondering why you ever bothered with finding a good RY4.

One drop per ml, shake it up and your good to go within a few mins.

everything he said about ducat and tobacco c, except 2 drops per ml
    :p

also leave it to steep for a week

that nigga be crazy

everything he said about ducat and tobacco c, except 2 drops per ml
    :p

also leave it to steep for a week

that nigga be crazy

The RDA will sort that out i reckon :)

or a bulli, if I hadnt been too slow :P

went on to ukvapers to see about getting one of hellsires repairable tank atties, list closed about an hour ago
    serious rageface atm :D

i guess ill leave off on getting any atty mods for now until I get the hang of making coils with the RDA.. i need discipline, not more toys

or a bulli, if I hadnt been too slow :P

went on to ukvapers to see about getting one of hellsires repairable tank atties, list closed about an hour ago
    serious rageface atm :D

i guess ill leave off on getting any atty mods for now until I get the hang of making coils with the RDA.. i need discipline, not more toys

Good decision :)

• Advertisement

Think that Hangsen stuff requires 10% and maybe more.

Get yourself some Gold Ducat and Tobacco C from Inawera and ya be wondering why you ever bothered with finding a good RY4.

One drop per ml, shake it up and your good to go within a few mins.

Got on that - hate the waiting game though. Such a pity that no one sells flavouring over here - got almost 100mls of VG 36mg and I'm going to have to spend €10 to buy 30ml's of pre-made whilst I'm waiting for the other flavours:mad:

Advertisement