Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millets Closing down sale Blanchardstown

Options
  • 13-03-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Was in Millets Blanchardstown they are having a closing down sale. everything 50% off. Pick up nice pair or boots, had a good few left, some north face, solomon, berghaus, mostly peter storm. other stuff as well. worth checking out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭neolithic

There is some great bargains to be had BUT check the prices as some of them have been highly inflated to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

The recession bites - is Millet's in The Square, Tallaght still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

BarryD wrote: »
    The recession bites - is Millet's in The Square, Tallaght still going?
    Millets in the UK and it's parent company Blacks Leisure went into receivership at the end of 2011 and were bought by JD Sports shorty afterwards. They were in deep financial doo-doo long before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Pity, Black's were around a long time if it's the same company I'm thinking of. My first backpacking/ mountain tent was a Blacks. It was called a Good Companion I think, says he, dredging the memory banks. Wigwam type design but with two poles that formed a V. Quite spacious with good headroom for a tent you'd stick in your rucksack. Bit prone to flapping - lasted for years and then had a second life as a kids play tent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think it's like a lot of the bigger outdoor chains in the UK, they expanded hugely and simultaneously went a bit down market, getting more into the mass 'leisure' market rather than the more serious outdoor market. In the end they opened so many stores they just diluted their own market so much they imploded in on themselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement