Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom cut me off. Any advice??

Options
  • 13-03-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello, as the title suggests, Eircom cut me off from my phone service due to an overdue bill of 140euro. I rang them today asking for some leeway due to particular circumstances which I explained as follows.

My mother, bill is in her name, has been suffering from cancer for nearly 2 years, she is a teacher and was getting her wage for the first year she was receiving treatment and thus we could meet all the bills on time, in this time she also refused to get a medical card feeling that she could pay her own way for medication, gp visits and hospital levies.

Just before christmas she was a full year out of work and her wages were stopped leaving only my Dads wages and other savings to cover the bills and the mortgage which it couldn't do on its own. In the mean time her condition has unfortunately got alot worse and stressful for the entire family.

The DD for eircom bounced last February, since then myself and other family members have been bringing my mother to all her various appointments and generally have been exhausted and it hasn't really been on my mind.

I rang credit management this morning as my mother is going into hospital for the next 3-4 weeks for more radiation treatment explaining the situation and explaining that we have asked the bank to just pay the interest off the mortgage then we could pay the phone bill in instalments and offered as much as we possibly could pay, but this was refused and thus our landline was disconnected.

we have always been an eircom customer and always paid our bills and to be honest its not like this bill will go unpaid, my mother has a job to return to, please god this latest treatment works.

I didnt tell her it was cut off, just to save any more stress!

But if any boardsies were in a similar enough situation and could offer any advice on dealing with them, myself and my family really are in a tough enough situation as it is without having to deal with this.

Cheers for any help!

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to eircom - the reps there may be able to offer some assistance.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

spence101 wrote: »
    Hello, as the title suggests, Eircom cut me off from my phone service due to an overdue bill of 140euro. I rang them today asking for some leeway due to particular circumstances which I explained as follows.

My mother, bill is in her name, has been suffering from cancer for nearly 2 years, she is a teacher and was getting her wage for the first year she was receiving treatment and thus we could meet all the bills on time, in this time she also refused to get a medical card feeling that she could pay her own way for medication, gp visits and hospital levies.

Just before christmas she was a full year out of work and her wages were stopped leaving only my Dads wages and other savings to cover the bills and the mortgage which it couldn't do on its own. In the mean time her condition has unfortunately got alot worse and stressful for the entire family.

The DD for eircom bounced last February, since then myself and other family members have been bringing my mother to all her various appointments and generally have been exhausted and it hasn't really been on my mind.

I rang credit management this morning as my mother is going into hospital for the next 3-4 weeks for more radiation treatment explaining the situation and explaining that we have asked the bank to just pay the interest off the mortgage then we could pay the phone bill in instalments and offered as much as we possibly could pay, but this was refused and thus our landline was disconnected.

we have always been an eircom customer and always paid our bills and to be honest its not like this bill will go unpaid, my mother has a job to return to, please god this latest treatment works.

I didnt tell her it was cut off, just to save any more stress!

But if any boardsies were in a similar enough situation and could offer any advice on dealing with them, myself and my family really are in a tough enough situation as it is without having to deal with this.

Cheers for any help!

S

Hi spence101,

I am very sorry to hear about the response you had when you called. Can you private message me with your telephone number or account number so I can have a look into the account.

Many thanks, Mark

Advertisement