Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC system versus Powermax system

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have been installing Quantum up untill recently when I started using Visonic Powermax Complete. I think the Quantum is great but I could not ignore the difference in price.
    The fact that you can wire in additional shock sensors to an rf shock with quantum is good and If you have a big double window and you use quantum rf mc plus wired mc = 55+11=66 as opposed to 2 wireless shocks with visonic = 88 saving 22 euro but you do have to use a bit of extra labour and trunking on the window which isn't the nicest thing in the world.
    However in the average job the difference is about 100 euro saving in favour of Visonic and that isn't even counting the extra keyfob. As for the keyfob code option I don't think that is a big deal as noone could be bothered typing in codes to keyfobs anyway.

One question for you guys who are using Visonic longer than me. If you don't calibrate the Visonic shocks that means they are on maximum sensitivity right? If that is the case I don't think they are very good as you have to wallop the window to get a response as far as I can see. Am I missing something here?. Also what is the story with pulse count and Visonic shocks? Do they do this at all? do they only recognize gross?

Also as far as I know the battery life in the Quantum wireless external siren is only 18 months if you get the light to flicker every 5 seconds whereas Visonic tech support told me it is 3 years for Visonic with the light flickering every 5 seconds. When the new Visonic system is capable of taking shocks in a few months it will have battery life far in excess of quantum in all devices including 8 years in wireless external siren.

There is a price difference. Most people have a Broadband also so adding a filter to the powermax also adds expense. I for one give a customer the option to choose which system they want installed. Most times it works out about €50 in the difference. Depending on the customer it could go either way. The sensors do need to be calibrated. This is also to learn in any back ground noise which can cause activation's. Adding a second battery on the Powermax bell will double the battery life on the bell. There are two batteries used in the battery pack to keep the light flickering every 5 seconds, adding the second battery pack will keep the light going for 3-5 years.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They are saying a second battery in a Power G wireless bell witll give you 8 + years. Thats as good as wired.

KoolKid wrote: »
    They are saying a second battery in a Power G wireless bell witll give you 8 + years. Thats as good as wired.

Looks very impressive. They will be putting it up to HKC when the shock is released.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Lets hope so. They need a bit of competition to get those prices down.;)

That is for sure :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement