Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69 Rae to Tullig Realignment thread

Options
  • 14-03-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

N69 Rea to Tullig Road Realignment Scheme.

The N69 Rea to Tullig Road Realignment Scheme is a realignment of approximately 2.5km of the N69 Tralee-Listowel Road. The €6.5 million contract commences approximately 9km northeast of Tralee in the townland of Rea just past the left hand junction for Kilflynn Village.

The work is being carried out by local contractors, Allman Contracts Ltd, in a joint venture with Mid-Cork Tarmacadam Ltd with an expected completion time of October 2012.

IMG_3298.png

Work on this started last month,this is two shots from then of the ground just being opened up.

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

And these were taken today.
    IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

I guess there will be a bridge constructed over this stream.
    IMG_3290.jpg
    The last two shots were taken from the existing N69 road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Still no project files on the KCC or NRA websites. It seems that there are files available for similar projects around the country, but nothing for this yet.

Someone was telling me that they emailed KCC over a month ago asking them when the documents/maps etc were going to be available online, and the only reply they got was that the email query had been forwarded to the NRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

This is badly needed. The surface on that stretch of road is a disgrace and the lack of overtaking opportunities makes for an extremely frustrating commute.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    This is badly needed. The surface on that stretch of road is a disgrace and the lack of overtaking opportunities makes for an extremely frustrating commute.

In the usual style, they'll probably still slap a big thick white line (or two) down the middle of it, when it's finished, no matter how straight it is. Lots of over-taking stretches along the N69 disappeared the last time they got their hands on some paint:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 bundyboy

gotta keep kcc lads in work with the painting. they cant be hiding in the depots drinking tea

Saw title, assumed Jackie Healy had some stretch of the bypass named after him in some deal with the Government...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 bundyboy

nah dollys father has got the road to kenmare thats comes off the killarney-cork national primary road renamed as the healy rae motorway.

bundyboy wrote: »
    nah dollys father has got the road to kenmare thats comes off the killarney-cork national primary road renamed as the healy rae motorway.

Is it covered with bullsh1t?

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Kerry County Council

Technical Documents up on Kerry County Council website now. http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/roads/n69reatotulligroadrealignmentscheme/

I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this new stretch being built, and the fact that a fairly bad bend before the new stretch starts wasn't taken into the equation (on the Listowel side). The new bit just doesn't seem all that necessary, and on the face of it, the existing stretch could have been improved.

I've met several people with the same opinion, but of course none of us are road engineers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Will the new route being construted be build as single carrigway?

• Advertisement

Will the new route being construted be build as single carrigway?

I think so, much the same as the old stretch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lets hope they have proper drainage on this new stretch of road, you would be better off with a canoe come October/November on the old stretch!

Lets hope they have proper drainage on this new stretch of road, you would be better off with a canoe come October/November on the old stretch!

Ya i agree because with all the rain we gets the old road would ge tflooded.

Any more photos of this new road?

I've never ever seen a flood on that stretch of road, not even this week after the big downpour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Heres the latest on this road, finally got the chance to get some pics.

View towards Listowel..
    IMG_5486.jpg

And towards Tralee
    IMG_5487.jpg

Bridge construction
    IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

Things moving along steadily here.

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is the 60 km/h zone along that stretch of road going to be still in place after the realignment of the road? Its coming along quiet well with the resurfacing as you meet the turn off for Kilflynn.

Pics are great.

doovdela wrote: »
    Is the 60 km/h zone along that stretch of road going to be still in place after the realignment of the road? Its coming along quiet well with the resurfacing as you meet the turn off for Kilflynn.

Pics are great.

I'm sure that's only temporary, unless they keep it as a speeding fine generator.

I hope so. Heard its October the realignment is to be finished is that likely to be the case?

• Advertisement

I hope so. Heard its October the realignment is to be finished is that likely to be the case?

There's quite a bit to do yet, they are sorting the junctions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Please tell me this Goddamn project will be finished soon. It's like driving through a ploughed field at this stage.

Its getting to a be a nuisance with the traffic lights arragh. Getting sick of it.
    Its now novemeber, can't see it being finished till nearly next spring/summer. Coming into the winter months will delay it further.

Can't wait till it finished!

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Please tell me this Goddamn project will be finished soon. It's like driving through a ploughed field at this stage.

It is nothing short of an absolute disgrace, the condition of the road.

Can someone from the very well paid Kerry county council/listowel council actually give a drive out there and see the state of the place after Allmans. Before every car in the county is crocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Heard allmans were facing big fines shortly for over running the project dates something in the region of €7k per week

That would be a no!

traleespud wrote: »
    Heard allmans were facing big fines shortly for over running the project dates something in the region of €7k per week

That's gonna be 'spensive!! They have quite a bit to do yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

It is nothing short of an absolute disgrace, the condition of the road.

Can someone from the very well paid Kerry county council/listowel council actually give a drive out there and see the state of the place after Allmans. Before every car in the county is crocked

A new road is under construction, naturally drivers should slow down and be aware of their surroundings (as every good driver is), the condition of the road is to be expected and any car troubles are definitely the fault of the driver.

What has the realignment got to do with Listowel Town Council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leithman

the condition of the road is to be expected and any car troubles are definitely the fault of the driver.

Really ? , then obviously you haven't been negotiating the jumble of newly created water filled potholes and sudden 2inch steps in road surface twice a day for the past 2 months have you , in my case mostly in the dark , i wont even mention those internable traffic lights .

Anyone travelling regularly will be well sick of this section by now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

And what exactly do you expect ?

Make allowances, take another road, contact Kerry CoCo, the possibilities are endless...

Advertisement