Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69 Rae to Tullig Realignment thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Sorry for not getting back earlier. Mainly from spillages etc from vehicles passing. Even little droplets from exhausts when they land on the road and it then rains, washes them into the drains where the interceptor does its work.

Thank you for the reply, so by that logic, i assume all the run off on new roads go though the same Interceptors, i have noticed them on all of the new projects, i assume the bypass will have the same systems in place.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Kerry County Council

Thank you for the reply, so by that logic, i assume all the run off on new roads go though the same Interceptors, i have noticed them on all of the new projects, i assume the bypass will have the same systems in place.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hoof Hearted

You should live closer to the listowel side of it, there's a man known locally as jj who routinely likes to lie down on the main road early in the mornings. I had a close shave with him about 6 months ago!

Maybe he gets a shave when a car drives over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There's a 5.5l Mercedes AMG E63 driving this road every morning.... at 45 mph. Why in the name of all that's holy would you buy a car like that if you're barely able to drive it? Breaking at every bend with a string of cars held up behind them - you wouldn't mind as much if it was a granny in an old 90's Corsa, but an AMG?? What is the tax and insurance on a car like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

xxyyzz wrote: »
    There's a 5.5l Mercedes AMG E63 driving this road every morning.... at 45 mph. Why in the name of all that's holy would you buy a car like that if you're barely able to drive it? Breaking at every bend with a string of cars held up behind them - you wouldn't mind as much if it was a granny in an old 90's Corsa, but an AMG?? What is the tax and insurance on a car like that?

If you can afford the car, your not going to be worrying about the price of the tax and insurance!

• Advertisement

If you can afford the car, your not going to be worrying about the price of the tax and insurance!

It's a driver's car though, an absolute weapon at over 500 BHP. Drives me nuts being stuck behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Is it an irish car or tourists?

ofcork wrote: »
    Is it an irish car or tourists?

Ky reg

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

xxyyzz wrote: »

I think thats just called rubbing it in your face. Either that or he doesnt have an engine in the car and is pushing it along with his feet Flintstone style

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Might be a daysul with badges stuck on it!

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    Might be a daysul with badges stuck on it!

No, I saw it up close in Listowel and it's the genuine article.

Advertisement