Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family friendly swimming pools

Options
  • 14-03-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi all - Am looking for some info on local(ish) pools which have shallow pools for toddlers etc as well as a normal pool. The only ones i can find are the likes of crunch but don't fancy paying the big annual membership fee.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

National Aquatic centre has a shallow play area for toddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

As Gaspode said the Aquatic centre is definitely recommended

other than that Coolmine and the Navan road are the only other ones around the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Kev. wrote: »
    As Gaspode said the Aquatic centre is definitely recommended

other than that Coolmine and the Navan road are the only other ones around the area

Theres two pools on Navan road but only one is open. But neither it or coolmine have a shallow pool.
    Only NAC. The NAC also has family changing rooms, which is handy with toddlers etc.

http://www.aquazone.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

You could try the Castleknock Hotel and Country Club

http://www.castleknockhotel.com/leisure-hotel

Does that have a shallow bit? I don't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

Thanks for the replies. The NAC is looking like the best option. They do a swim only yearly family membership for €660. Not bad value considering how much it costs for a single visit at the weekend.

I think you can get deals in the NAC if you watch out for them. I think you can use Tesco points and the like.

Advertisement