Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toastmasters?

Options
  • 14-03-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Any local members on here, or participants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

every so often i'll skim over what wikeeypeedia reckons toastmasters is and some of it appeals to me. so every so often i make a mental note to find out more...

but then there's the whole thing where i can't even dictate a shopping list to himself without saying ''umm'' about 40,000 times... i can't imagine anything being able to drum that out of me so i dismiss the idea again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Thee are probably a lot worse habits a public speaker can have!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

There are Toastmsters in Westport - dont know when and where they meet,

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Have been to the Ballina group. Must make an effort to get back to it.

Have you been to a lot of them Lucy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

A couple but to be honest the age group of the participants is a good bit older than I am - very few young people taking part. I wonder has that changed. Do you know?

No, I haven't been to any of the meetings but looking at the Ballina website would lead me to think I'd be one of the youngest in it!

Are there any costs incurred by being a member or participant, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Have you got a link to the Ballina site?

Advertisement