Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad screen

• 14-03-2012 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

HI guys, hope you can help me.

I got an ipad when they came out originally as an xmas pressie. However, i think someone put excess pressure (knelt on it) and now half the screen is blank.:mad:

The icons are still working as in i can still access safari etc but can only see half the screen, the rest is black.

Does anyone recommend anywhere that would diagnose the problem and is reasonably priced. ie repair or replace

im based in North kildare but can travel within reason.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

I used this guy for an iPad screen and very good - http://www.ipod-rescue.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

jamesd wrote: »
    I used this guy for an iPad screen and very good - http://www.ipod-rescue.com/

lol 'The day the music died' for an ipod repair shop. :pac:

Epic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

So is the digitizer in one piece but the LCD broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

So is the digitizer in one piece but the LCD broken?

Half the screen is blank but the touch screen is intact so I'm assuming the LCD needs to be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

iPads, are normally quite robust, and can take a surprising bit of punishment, as can be seen in this short demonstration http://www.howtogeek.com/108078/what-you-should-not-do-with-that-shiny-new-ipad-funny-video/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=100312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

guys, thanks for the advice.

Just on a side note, is it worth considering an ipad 2 against getting the original repaired? I've been quoted in the region of €140 for a repair.

What would my fellow boardsies do if they had the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sgt.bilko wrote: »

Just on a side note, is it worth considering an ipad 2 against getting the original repaired? I've been quoted in the region of €140 for a repair.

In your case, if you are anyway handy, I'd suggest having a go at the repair yourself. Plenty of "how to's" on the web.

That said, the iPad 2 is far superior to the 1, in many aspects. I've had both. And it's a good time to pick up a very cheap, well looked after iPad 2 (adverts.ie) with the recent launch of the 3.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

sgt.bilko wrote: »

I'd suggest you do both. Get it repaired, sell it on adverts.ie and put the money towards an iPad2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

dodzy wrote: »
    In your case, if you are anyway handy, I'd suggest having a go at the repair yourself. Plenty of "how to's" on the web.

That said, the iPad 2 is far superior to the 1, in many aspects. I've had both. And it's a good time to pick up a very cheap, well looked after iPad 2 (adverts.ie) with the recent launch of the 3.

Not to mention the apple refurb store where you can get a refurbed ipad 2 for 350 eur if they in stock

Advertisement