Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's next top Soul Calibur V Player.

Options
  • 14-03-2012 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Let's Discuss When we should hold the next Soul Calibur V tournament in Dublin.

It's a given it will have to be a Saturday.

March:

17th: Paddy's day - So that's not happening
    24th: Hypespotting - I'll be in Scotland/ CxC4 is on in Belfast
    31st: Don't know what's on this day

April:

7th: Normally would be an inferno, but this is cancelled for Evo Quals the week after
    14th: Evo - no chance.

Special bonus side question: People who don't play Soul calibur would you be interested in trying it out/ learning the basics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hmmm... I might actually consider heading up for this one if it's on the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

would this be a scv only tourny?

re:bonus side question, loved sc series before 5,still play sc2 a bit but after playin scv to be honest want very little to do with it,very poorly made and a lazy effort when compare it to the others, gonna trade it in on friday when twisted metal is finally out
    (btw not that im sayin its crap game,sure i play mk which many view as the crapest fg out there,if ya enjoy playing it play away, i was just really let down by this)

be nice for the sc players to have a scene though

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elgire

Special bonus side question: People who don't play Soul calibur would you be interested in trying it out/ learning the basics?

That sounds good, I'm bloody useless at this game, total button basher, still manage to win a few games but would love to learn the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah I would.

I'm available probably on any date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

There will be casuals on the 24th at the very least. If there are enough people we can do the same as last time and run a small tourney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Tempest on the 24th too, just so you know. Busy day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'm probably one of the only few..in fact im the only person i know that plays it up here if its a good date and i have money i'd make my way to this

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I might try it out if I'm not busy on any of the days. C:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

If theres people that play it I would as I love SC.
    Hate the fact that there is 0% of arcade endings etc in 5 but I like it to a degree. Havn't played it in a bit though.

If MK9 is there ill def be there, if not then I can't promise anything.
    Love the game though.

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I can go in on the 31st and play all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

31st would be fantastic! Where do people normally go to play and ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

For smaller events the Xtreme Gaming Cafe on Liffy Street is probably your best bet. It's a gaming cafe with a few dozen consoles. It's rarely used for tournaments these days though and is primarilly for casuals sessions.

Tournaments are usually held in the Exchange in Temple Bar, but honestly I don't think SCV would get the numbers required to validate renting the space.

I'd recommend setting up casuals or something first to get all you SC players in one place for a bit and take it from there, or pressure Voa into getting SC into the lineup for Day of Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I don't think SCV would get the numbers required to validate renting the space.

There's a similar number of SCV and MK players but I know what your saying.

Anywho, We need to hardcore Soul Calibur Players posting here. UGO, The witch Da bounca etc. I don't know remember the names of some of the guys

What about a casual tournament on Saturday 31st?

*I may or may not be able to attend but it seems like a good date for most people...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

How did I only just notice this?

I'm working til 4 on the 31st, won't make it till after 5. If this is definite, say so NOW so I can try to swap my shift - total crock that I live 5 minutes from XGC and can never make it to this stuff when it's actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

I'll come up Saturday(31st) if this is happening. Have my freshly nerfed Tira skillz to get pwned!

I'll be there on the 31st.

From 1pm

Da Bounca wrote: »
    I'll be there on the 31st.

From 1pm

So anyone know where exactly its happenning?

Does anything have to be booked or the like?

Just three days may be short to organise properly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's on in the XGC gaming centre on Liffey St. in Dublin, you don't need to book, you just rent out machines as you're using them. In fact you don't even need to talk to the staff, you can just walk to the back of the place and walk upstairs to check if people are around without them batting an eyelid!

Fighting game people have been doing it there since 2009, they're well used to us :)

wataru wrote: »
    So anyone know where exactly its happenning

map

It's on in the XGC gaming centre on Liffey St. in Dublin, you don't need to book, you just rent out machines as you're using them. In fact you don't even need to talk to the staff, you can just walk to the back of the place and walk upstairs to check if people are around without them batting an eyelid!

Fighting game people have been doing it there since 2009, they're well used to us :)

Thanks for clarifying guys, see yiz Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I'll be busy that day so If I go I'll be leaving early.

But I'll bring my Ivy & Asteroth if I can, and probably leave Leixia at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

To be quite honest, I'm not really sure if I should bring me and my Pyrrha all the ways up from Cork to this now. It's a bit of a journey, you see. I'll make up my mind on Friday or something.

I'm heading in soon. Might grab a bite to eat beforehand, so I'll be there just after 13:00 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm still really unwell sorry guys.

(Ask the hypespotting crowd!)

I'm heading in soon. Might grab a bite to eat beforehand, so I'll be there just after 13:00 I reckon.

Not up til around three. You guys will be all warmed up. Don't start migrating to capcom games ya hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I'll be in soon.

This was fun, did'tn get to do too much playing but was nice to see ppl havin a go. Hugo whupped me something fierce.

Hopefully play ya all next time, Ill have more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'm gonna try and see about getting a soul cal scene set up in the north.
    Casuals anyone?

Definitely. Tournament even better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I'm gonna try and see about getting a soul cal scene set up in the north.
    Casuals anyone?

Don't fancy the chances, for a start nobody plays it. :pac:

Advertisement