Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings [History Channel - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

I was involved in a small way, in the making of this series and have some great "on set" photos if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,320 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mech1 wrote: »
    I was involved in a small way, in the making of this series and have some great "on set" photos if anyone is interested.

You should post them up here. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Can i post this link to SpoilerTV?....so as others can see your BTS photos??

I would rather you didnt, I will do so myself if I decide to.
    Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

anyone that wants to see the photos can pm me for the password, I would prefer it that way.
    Thanks.

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Great pics, must have been cool to be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ScumLord wrote: »
    You're looking at it wrong, to us sacrifice is bad but to them it would be an honor. A sacrifice to the gods would have been just as beneficial as having the priest with him during raids in Ragnars head.

It's not surprising one of the best Vikings stepped forward, it would be the bravest warriors that accept death.

I don't see how they can, it's just the way things were back then, it took weeks and months to arrange things because you had to walk most places.

It's a dramatised version of historical events, if you want fantasy based on myths I think you'll continue to be disappointed.

This is what I like most about the show though, we get to see a simulation of what life was like in viking times, we can learn something and it's not just another action show that uses viking props.

stop making sense!

the thing is while watching you think he's not going to kill that character and of course they don't

why are they so insistent in him having another son they already have one ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Loving this series at the moment, myself and my OH are glued to it! Currently about 6 episodes in.

My Dad worked on the set of this series (construction) when it was filmed last year! He has tonnes of on set photos back at home.

Looking forward to series 2!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

why are they so insistent in him having another son they already have one ...
    Like Spartacus, this show is based on historic events and characters:
    LINKED ARTICLE LIKELY CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok

• Registered Users Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Rovi wrote: »
    Like Spartacus, this show is based on historic events and characters:
    LINKED ARTICLE LIKELY CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok

because he did isn't an answer for within this tv show

Can i post this link to SpoilerTV?....so as others can see your BTS photos??

yes now you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

You're looking at it wrong, to us sacrifice is bad but to them it would be an honor. A sacrifice to the gods would have been just as beneficial as having the priest with him during raids in Ragnars head.
    It makes no odds that Ragnar and vikings in general think it's an honour , the very fact that Ragnar didn't tell him what he was in for suggests he knew Athelston wouldn't look at it that way which makes it a sneaky and scummy thing to do anyways you look at it.
    It's not surprising one of the best Vikings stepped forward, it would be the bravest warriors that accept death.
    You're looking at it from a historically accurate perspective I'm looking at it from a whats most beneficial to the show and for my money the show would have been better served by not killing off your most recognizable viking outside of Ragnar and Rollo this early , you couldn't even make the argument that they chose him as sacrificing a nobody wouldn't have elicited any sympathy from the audience as at this early stage we didn't know anything about him other then the fact that after Erik(Vladimir Kulich) he was the most Viking looking of the bunch.
    I don't see how they can, it's just the way things were back then, it took weeks and months to arrange things because you had to walk most places.

Obviously some time jumps are necessary I don't expect them to show them getting from a to b in realtime but how about compressing events so that the time jumps aren't so dramatic , or at the very least have the time jumps take place between episodes so that individual episodes take place over a span of day/days rather then weeks as is the case in some episodes this season. At times its like they filmed the entire show in one go and played a game of pin the tail on the donkey to decide where they transition from one episode to the next . Take the funeral for Earl Haraldson they spent 3/4 of the episode on the funeral then jumped forward weeks to show us Ragnar Sailing up some English River , why not have that as the opening of the next episode, rather then shoehorning in at the end of the funeral episode , sure you could say it served as a teaser for what is to come but a post credits next time on vikings would have served that purpose equally well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Do they just leave the sets up when they're filming? Like if you went down to Glendalough on a Sunday would all the houses be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do they just leave the sets up when they're filming? Like if you went down to Glendalough on a Sunday would all the houses be there?
    It wasn't actually filmed in Glendalough, but on the shores of Lough Tay which is in the grounds of the Guinness Estate. They did a lot of filming for Camelot around that area too.

http://goo.gl/maps/VCK2x

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Alun wrote: »
    It wasn't actually filmed in Glendalough, but on the shores of Lough Tay which is in the grounds of the Guinness Estate. They did a lot of filming for Camelot around that area too.

http://goo.gl/maps/VCK2x

Really? There were some parts looked exactly like the view from the upper lake at Glendalough, but maybe they just CGI'd the background in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, absolutely certain. See here http://www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/news/our-viking-history-recreated-at-the-sally-gap-27653964.html

I haven't really watched it in detail yet, but there's a mountain/hill called Luggala behind the lake which you can see if you drive over the Sally Gap and stop overlooking the lake, which would maybe look a bit like the Spinc at Glendalough I'd imagine.

I'm hearing good things.....:)

• Advertisement

yes now you can.

They never posted them....dunno why :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Amazing show. My new favorite even above Game of Thrones.

I wasn't a fan of game of thrones at all, too miserable, love Vikings though, watched it all over the last few days.

It really reminds me of a viking Sons of anarchy plus Ragnor looks so like Jax especially when he smiles, it's uncanny!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Linus Roache and Alexander Ludwig will be on board for the drama’s second season.
    Roache will play Ecbert, King of Wessex, “a man full of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition,” History announced Tuesday.
    Meanwhile, Ludwig’s Bjorn is the smart, brave warrior son of Ragnar Lothbrok

Filming going well at location, luggalla Wicklow. lots of new actors, link to present Director http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320987/

Filming going well at location, luggalla Wicklow. lots of new actors, link to present Director http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320987/

Did they get a budget increase?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, Ludwig’s Bjorn is the smart, brave warrior son of Ragnar Lothbrok
    So Season 2 is going to take a big jump in the time line of about 10 years?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Is this a. fairly accurate history, b. history-based or c. fiction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

feargale wrote: »
    Is this a. fairly accurate history, b. history-based or c. fiction?

B. Its based on historical events and people. Namely a viking named Ragnar who led the vikings first raids on Britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Saw Travis Fimmel in Cork this morning, I left him to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Caught up with there , its not bad show, not bad at all.

When is season 2 starting?

Advertisement