Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

afternoon tea

Options
  • 14-03-2012 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

hey all,

as a birthday treat for my very best friend i am planning (with another friend) to put on afternoon tea for here. we have decided on a few things that we are going to make but im looking for ideas. the idea i have in my head is something that would not look out of place in a french patisserie but that is easy to make. Ya know bright colourful and full of flavour. Im finding it hard to find any decent recipes online so would appreciate and suggestions..

thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

essentials in my book are- cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off, mini scones with cream and jam, macaroons, madelines, something with chocolate, something with berries and custard, earl grey tea and/or champagne or belini's. Have a look at Nigella's 'How to be a Domestic Goddess' for easy recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I was treated to High Tea in Galway recently for my birthday.
    For sandwiches we had little blini's with smoked salmon and cream cheese, a tiny bruchetta with tomato, onion and herbs, there was a tiny cone shaped sandwich which was a rolled out slice of pan loaf (brown, crusts cut off) rolled extremely flat with goats cheese filling which was then rolled very tightly again and pointed off on one end.

The desserts were lovely: mini cheese cake, mini meringues, mini layer cake and can't remember the other little one.

There were two types of scones: chocolate and currant.

It was lovely and deceptively filling :) (so tiny but packing punch)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Eskimocat that sounds delish, especially the cone sandwich.

Advertisement