Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone need anything from HWVS - im placing an order wednesday or thursday

Options
  • 14-03-2012 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

im feeling generous :)

if anyone needs a few small things or anything, ill let you piggyback on my order if you want. wont charge you for anything unless you want me to post it out to you cause you cant collect i suppose. id much prefer collection though tbh. :o

im based in Limerick.:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

That would be awesome if you could add to your order this for me. http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=55225&agid=869&apop=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hi Tea Bag,

Any chance you could stick two of these on your order? I can collect (Limerick is home, down fairly often) & can pay in advance (paypal) if it suits?

Many thanks

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

sure no problem. out of interest, I believe the 1200rpm gentle typhoons are the ones to go for, as theyre the best mix between noise/air flow.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    sure no problem. out of interest, I believe the 1200rpm gentle typhoons are the ones to go for, as theyre the best mix between noise/air flow.

Hi T,
    Thanks very much fior the heads up & ordering the fans. I'm using them to replace the stock fans on a Corsair H80-total POS fans..), on which the speed varies from 900-2700 RPM. I'd like to get fans that matchthe H80's middle/ balanced profile which is about 1800-200 RPM.

PM your paypal & I can sort ASAP if it suits..

glynf wrote: »
    Hi T,
    Thanks very much fior the heads up & ordering the fans. I'm using them to replace the stock fans on a Corsair H80-total POS fans..), on which the speed varies from 900-2700 RPM. I'd like to get fans that matchthe H80's middle/ balanced profile which is about 1800-200 RPM.

PM your paypal & I can sort ASAP if it suits..
    I think you're better off matching cmf instead of rpm? the h80's fans are very loud, but my God they push serious amounts of air. I don't think I've ever seen a fan that pushes more air outside of the older DELL BTX style CPU fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yeah, you should be matching static pressure and CFM. RPM is the last thing you should look at.

The corsair fans are 46-92 CFM & 39dba max, the Scythe GT's are 58 CFM & 28dba. I'm not going to require anywhere near full capacity of the original fans the 1850RPM's are fine. Balanced mode on the H80 is giving me max temps of 45 deg C average with the CPU under full load @ current OC.

I was afraid they were a bit weedy as well, but a lot of recommendations for same fan on the Corsair forums as best balanced noise/performance replacement for the stock fans.

GTs are recommended everywhere as pretty much the best watercooling fan around. This of course varies from radiator to radiator, and you can get better performance fans in some situations, but usually they're more expensive.

I'd look at Air Penetrators, in your case. They have much higher static pressure, and a very different air distribution pattern than most other fans. They suit the high-FPI rads like those on the H series coolers. HWVS doesn't stock them though (at least not the 120mm version) so if maybe the GTs would be more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Serephucus wrote: »
    Yeah, you should be matching static pressure and CFM. RPM is the last thing you should look at.

True, http://www.quietpc.com/products/120mmfans

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How long does it take for them to deliver? It could be a good thread for us to lads.
    If we order from somewhere just to post here if anyone wants something from particular retailer, so you can save up on delivery charges etc. 30eu or 15/15eu saved is a good thing ;)

• Advertisement

How long does it take for them to deliver? It could be a good thread for us to lads.
    If we order from somewhere just to post here if anyone wants something from particular retailer, so you can save up on delivery charges etc. 30eu or 15/15eu saved is a good thing ;)
    my bank transfer takes a day or two, then 5-7days delivery. I did an order 3 weeks ago and did the transfer on a thursday, and got the items the next wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

there should really be a sticky thread here for this, tea-bag you are a gent and you've possibly have thaught of the best idea yet for pcb&u, i wouldn't mind people biggy backing on my order from hwvs, i'll be ordering a build from there around mid april for a mate i'll let everyone know when we're definatly ordering so we can pick up a few things for anyone here who'd be looking to buy a few things then

there should really be a sticky thread here for this, tea-bag you are a gent and you've possibly have thaught of the best idea yet for pcb&u, i wouldn't mind people biggy backing on my order from hwvs, i'll be ordering a build from there around mid april for a mate i'll let everyone know when we're definatly ordering so we can pick up a few things for anyone here who'd be looking to buy a few things then

+1, great idea. I'd guess most people here would allways be looking at picking up small bits & pieces, Their prices are great but short of a €500/600 its hard to justify the €30 shipping.

Also, has anyone else considered approaching them re. a forum group buy? I'd guess in the region of 10+ builds are ordered from here a month?

We tried something like this a while back, but the thread sort of died. Not enough interest all at once.

(And their shipping is down to €20 now, so it evens out at around the €200 mark, or less, depending.)

Advertisement