Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton 90si

Options
  • 14-03-2012 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

My Triton 90si goes from Hot to cold and no in between. I put it on 7 it gets really hot. Put it on 4 really cold. In between numbers don't do a nice temp just hot or cold. I opening it up and cleaned the filter. Didn't help. I ran the shower without the hose - didn't help - but this changed the hot cold threshold but still the same affect.

I saw I can find parts on the web but unsure as to what bit is broken. Heat and pump work well but could the thermostat be gone? What part is this in? I don't want to fork out 450 for a fit and parts since it is only a small bit broken.

If I do need a new one can I fit it myself if I get a Triton 90 as the bits are all in the same place. Why to people charge 200 for what sounds like a simple job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

You can buy a new one for bout €200, would be easier and nearly cheaper. In order to replace this, turn of the water supply to the unit, ensure the power is isolated (if you are not confident/compedent with electricity, stop reading and get an electrican), disconnect the supplies and refit the new unit. Ensure to vent the pump, re-connect the electrical supply, replace the cover, and all should be ok.

The quote is one quote, get another. Or this could include an electrican's fee also.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vwt

Definitely sounds like a filter issue.....you've most probably cleaned the main water filter,but if you carefully remove the water inlet solenoid you'll find a small mesh filter housed inside.I had a near identical issue with a different brand shower and when I checked this filter was corroded and blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Internal filter needs cleaning. That is all. Download the handbook online and it will tell you how to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KevinC

Thank all for the replies. I had already cleaned the filter and it didn't help.

Following Kscobie's advise I attempted to install a new one. I bought a t90z for 230 as sticking to the same brand would make the installation easier...or so I thought.

Spend hours drilling new hole in the tiles and figuring out the water system. Glad I learned something but I have a problem: no water flows through the shower. I followed the commishing steps including bleeding the shower pump (water gets here ok). The water pressure seems lower than before.

This is an attic tank feed. The tank has a pipe exclusively for the shower. Could this have an airlock? How do I fix it? The tank was drained to fit the shower. Bathroom taps also got locked which I managed to fix by switching in both hot and cold whist holding to water back with my hand (this is a mixer)

Any advice would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KevinC

Problem solved. Whilst shutting the water off to take the old shower off the isolated 'shower to attic tank' pipe must have got an airlock.

I got the garden hose and put it up the shower pipe for ~3 minutes. Then unplugged - water ran normal. Magic. I put a stopped on so that I could get rid of the hose and get ready to re-attach the new shower.

Completed the commissioning procedure and had a shower to celebrate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement