Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hydrographics

Options
  • 14-03-2012 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

I was looking online for a way to paint my stock and i came across this site

www.aquaprint.ie

i really like the look of this

http://www.aquaprint.ie/gallery_n/Firearms/index.html#pistol.jpg

im just wondering how something like this would hold up on the stock long term. anyone ever seen a finished one or have it done to there stock.

i emailed the guy and he said about a hundred to do my stock with a 7-10 day turn around.

TB26

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Hi Tommy,

For that money, if it broke down over time, it would not be the end of the world to get it done again, I believe Fergal White in Ireland Custom Rifle is doing something like this also.

Regards

DB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Yep I gor Fergal to do my AI as the stoch was pretty rough and when she came back :D:D:D :

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

and it was cheaper than replacing the stock sides.

So I'm a happy bunny!!!!

Give Fergal a shout Ireland custom rifles

Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Scalachi wrote: »
    Hi Tommy,

For that money, if it broke down over time, it would not be the end of the world to get it done again, I believe Fergal White in Ireland Custom Rifle is doing something like this also.

Regards

DB

Thats what i was thinking its not the most expensive thing in the world.

Is yours a matt or gloss finish fish slapped?

kind of gloss, feels lovely in the hand. can do the skulls too, I was thinking of getting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭zeissman

Just wondering do they fill in any dents and nicks before painting ?

zeissman wrote: »
    Just wondering do they fill in any dents and nicks before painting ?

Yes they put a primer on it first

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Would they be able to do a wooden stock?

Would they be able to dip a scope without damaging it?

I provided a link to fergal above ... give him a call.... he'll fill you in on everything you want to know ... I couldn't say but wood will shrink and swell depending of the weather , not much but maybe enough to affect the finish, again I'm no expert, so I would ring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

E. Fudd wrote: »
    Would they be able to do a wooden stock?
    i really like the carbon stock think i may get it done :D
    the wood is sealed with primer so it should be ok to be dipped in water. i was looking on you tube and the stock isnt in the water for long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Pegasus177

Hey guys

I know I'm opening up a very old thread but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place either here or in the UK that can provide my custom design on a film.

Basically I have a company who is going to do the hydrographic for me locally but I am limited to their selection of patterns.
    I would ideally like to find a business that I can submit my own design and they then send me the film which I can provide to the local business to apply to my panels.

Suggestions Anyone?

Advertisement