Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does your bull do this

• 14-03-2012 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Ive noticed my lad sometimes bulls a cow shortly before she calves, also with alot of the cows he has gone bulling them approx 2 weeks after they calf, anyone ever see something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Ive noticed my lad sometimes bulls a cow shortly before she calves, also with alot of the cows he has gone bulling them approx 2 weeks after they calf, anyone ever see something like that?

Have never seen this going on but would it not be better to keep the bull away from cows that are near to or have recently calved? Are you not worried about the cows getting injured? Your bull must be a randy fecker!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

well i want him to bull the cows anyway when they are properly on so itsw handier for me to leave him with them, dont really have anywhere else to put him right now anyway, just wondered what was happeneing with the cows especially after calving that makes him think they are bulling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

never saw that before:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

well he has a good libido anyway:D
    from the timings you have discribed it would appear linked to discharges.
    often see cows with clear/white jelly prior to calving.
    2wks post calving would passing the finaly cleaning

bull detecting/smells discharge and does what he know best.

just my attempt at explaining it but I havn't a clue really :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Maybe its a new bull fetish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn7ButvUNgtMHQKKfhkvCx_BLzw2ORWmXaArnMk9jiyzPd8P0b

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The female hormone changes at calving are essentially the same as a cow coming bulling. Cows often have their first turn of the engine about 2 weeks after calving, generally unobserved, a silent heat. The bull noticed.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

greysides wrote: »
    The female hormone changes at calving are essentially the same as a cow coming bulling. Cows often have their first turn of the engine about 2 weeks after calving, generally unobserved, a silent heat. The bull noticed.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Ive noticed my lad sometimes bulls a cow shortly before she calves

If he starts feeding them spicy ration as well stop leaving the Cosmo magazines out in the field :p

Advertisement