Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Runners for Flat feet

Options
  • 14-03-2012 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm wondering what are the best support running shoes for flat feet.
    I have mizuno inspire 7s but the physio advised that the arch support isn't great.
    I've also got a pair of kayanos 18 from amphianian king, but i still seem to be running into injuries from the long runs.

So if anyone know's of a pair of runners for people with flat feet,
    please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

There are many options but alot depends on the level of over pronation.

Brooks Beast
    Mizuno Alchemy
    Asics Evolution
    Saucony Stabil

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I have very flat feet and was advised to wear Mizuno Alchemy - i'm now on my second pair and i love them - dont seem to have the niggly problem i used to like ocassional shin splints, and knee issues

i'm sure it's not that simple and you should go somewhere for professional advice but thats my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

paddyh117 wrote: »
    I have very flat feet and was advised to wear Mizuno Alchemy - i'm now on my second pair and i love them - dont seem to have the niggly problem i used to like ocassional shin splints, and knee issues

i'm sure it's not that simple and you should go somewhere for professional advice but thats my 2 cents

Second these,excellent runners and hoping to get a second pair to alternate very soon.
    I found the Beast good also but prefer the Alchemy all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

thanks thirstywork, didn't see the beasts on wiggle. apparently i'm pronoting quite a bit but i'm light enough so was getting away with it.
    any idea of where one would buy the brooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Being light framed maybe the Beast are not ideal as they are quite heavy and bulky,Alchemy are alot lighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

paddyh117 wrote: »

Hi Paddy, where do you buy your alchemy,
    do you think that's a good deal, there down as stability shoes & not motion control on wiggle.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mizuno-wave-alchemy-11-shoes/

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I got my first pair in Runways on Parnell St Dublin - I got my second pair on Wiggle - those exact ones you've linked as they were quite a bit cheaper.

however, i've just checked and the ones in Runways are now the same price

http://www.runways.ie/store/product/587/Mizuno-Wave-Alchemy/

...if you're based in Dublin it might be worth while popping in, as i ended up getting a half size bigger than i normally would i.e. 9 1/2 instead of a 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Hey guys,
    no point guessing,go into a good running store and get checked.
    it annoys me when people buy on wiggle when runways and Amphibian King are cheaper for the Alchemy @ 110euros.

Then people give out about there not being enough running stores.Support Irish especially when they are cheaper than UK sites.

Advertisement