Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit Of A Situation!

• 14-03-2012 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

So, I picked up Business Studies this year (Repeat Student) and I was working really hard at it till about Christmas time and then after that I just got lazy and dropped the subject since I already had 6 Honours and (stupidly) I took it off my exam sheet (White form sent to Department with subjects and levels on it, don't know what's it's actually called) but lately I've been working at it again and want to take the exam? Is there any way I can sit the exam since I never marked it down on that form? I've heard you can just show up to any exam and sit it but don't know how true this is?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ryan100

Bump! Anyone know? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

As far as I remember (aka don't take my word for it check it out for sure) that white form is only to give the department an indication. You pick your level, Higher or Ordinary on the spot. If you don't turn up for an exam you were meant to nothing happens.

As for turning up to an exam you were not meant to, as long as you have it paid for, the corrections that is, you will get your result.

Like I said check it out to make sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Is that white sheet the external candidate application? The one where you had to pay 326 euro? If that's it then I think you can register till 30th of April but you'll have to pay a late fees. I'm not sure if you can do that now just for Business though seeing you have already registered for other subjects but you can have a read through this-https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ca (paragraph numbered 9 is about the late fees) and may be you should talk to someone in your school or ring the department people to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ryan100

Thanks Stalin and Cocopops....I'll be able to check with the Guidance Counsellor on Friday, I was just a bit impatient but cheers :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't bother with the Guidance Counsellor, it's the school Examinations Secretary you want to inform.

It's not true that you can just show up to any exam and sit it, but it's not too late to add Business to your list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement