Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head - Olympia, Dublin - Wed May 30th 2012

Options
  • 14-03-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

It's on Machine Head's site, nothing on MCD or Ticketmaster yet, they are playing Belfast on May 28th in the Ulster Hall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Remember yet ear plugs, we all know what happened last time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »

bigtime Scud - that's the reason I got earplugs ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ha the gf will have to give it a miss as heading to Germany then. Prob see them over there...much to my, eh, delight!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heavy metal legends Machine Head have just announced details of an exclusive headline performance at The Olympia Theatre, Dublin on May 30th & The Ulster Hall, Belfast on May 28th 2012

Tickets for The Olympia are priced from €27.90 go on-sale this Friday March 16th from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide & ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Great news, they're on my list of bands-yet-to-see.

• Advertisement

€27.90 is decent value for a band like Machine Head I think - hopefully someone decent as support too....

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

It was a painful week after gig but well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Awesome. That's a crazy price too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Awesome :D:D

Standing will sell out fairly quick I'd say? Hope I manage to get a couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LetsZep

Look forward to this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Shweeeet!! After last time I'll be gettin ear plugs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Really cannot wait for this! Whats this I hear about it being over 18s? True or false, if so sweet much prefer over 18s gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Really cannot wait for this! Whats this I hear about it being over 18s? True or false, if so sweet much prefer over 18s gigs!

Its probably not , Most Machine Head fans are under 18 and the Belfast gig says nothing about being over 18's.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its probably not , Most Machine Head fans are under 18 and the Belfast gig says nothing about being over 18's.

Really ??? i would have thought most of their fans would be older

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm 45 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Fcuk Yeah!!

Metallica & Soundgarden @ Werchter on the 28th and Machine Head @ The Olympia on 30th. Gonna be a great week.

My ears have only recovered from their last show!

Really ??? i would have thought most of their fans would be older

Any of the 3 headlining shows i've seen them at has had a crowd generally late 20's+. I'm 37 and have never felt old at any of their shows,plenty of guys older than me rocking out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Saw the head and slipknot in London few years back, they were brilliant! Shall very much enjoy this gig too, any idea on support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Got my tickets. 2 standing. Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Did it sell out? I've a friend who wants to go but doesn't have money at the moment

• Advertisement

Did it sell out? I've a friend who wants to go but doesn't have money at the moment

Standing tickets were still available a few minutes ago when i checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Sweet! I'll try and get standing tickets asap. Rammstein and now MH. I'm a happy dude. I was never in the Olympia. Is it a good venue?

I'm 45 :(

And there was me thinkin ya didn't look a day under 50 ;)

I'm still debatin about goin to this one, i like them but not really really into 'em. May just buy a ticket and head in (wifey isn't into them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I'm still debatin about goin to this one, i like them but not really really into 'em.

Sort of the same with me. I absolutely love all of The Blackening, maybe one of my favorite albums but its the only machine head album I know. I know pretty much no other songs outside of it :pac:

Any idea who will be supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Evile supporting....any good?

Evile are excellent - well worth being in early to see them, have gotten better and better over the last couple of years.....

also on the bill are Irish band Dead Label

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Alwyn Walker

You can hear a track by opening act DEAD LABEL (from celbridge) on my audio player www.westlandstudiosdublin.com
    And i'll be doing sound for them yeeeeeooooo!!! :-)

I saw Machine Head on the burn my eyes tour with Slayer when I was 15 hehehe

full circle!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭tattykitty

I've just got two tickets for the 'Head - but in the circle (no standing left)...I assume no one actually sits down at an MH gig anyway?! :)

I've seen a few comments on here about earplugs. Are they significantly louder than most? I've only ever seen them play at festivals, no enclosed spaces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

tattykitty wrote: »
    I've seen a few comments on here about earplugs. Are they significantly louder than most?I've only ever seen them play at festivals, no enclosed spaces...

:eek:

Advertisement