Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly man outside Trinity gates this morning.. [MOD MESSAGE POST #13].

Options
  • 14-03-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

On the bus this morning I saw a man lying on the ground. He didn't look good. I didn't see many people stop or kneel down to ask if he was ok. Did anyone see this? I'm wondering if he's ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Did you stop to check on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

I was on the bus. The driver wouldn't let me get off there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Why didnt you get off at the next stop and go back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Because OP was afraid it was going to be like one of those Radiohead - Just situations and the old man would tell him something so terrible and\or mind blowing that the OP would have to lie down beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Did you stop to check on him?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Noopti wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I don't get how its ok to wonder in the marvelous anonymity of the internet if somebody is 'all right' and still think its acceptable to pass that person by on the street without checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

The guy was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about the situation he witnessed as his bus drove past. But you get the usual holier than thou pontificating because they didn't get off the bus themselves.

Noopti wrote: »
    The guy was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about the situation he witnessed as his bus drove past. But you get the usual holier than thou pontificating because they didn't get off the bus themselves.

Wow, asking why someone didn't check on a guy lying on the street suddenly makes me holier than thou. Interesting outlook you got there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Wow, asking why someone didn't check on a guy lying on the street suddenly makes me holier than thou. Interesting outlook you got there.

You dragged the thread off topic straight away, don't try and deny it. Backpeddling there already.

You dragged the thread off topic straight away, don't try and deny it. Backpeddling there already.

Dead right. Enough off topic so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP is still on bus, waiting for driver's permission to get off.....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Heads up on on this one lads.

Myself and the other moderators have been discussing the attitude of some posters in this forum, and the AH like behavior of same.

THIS IS GOING TO STOP.

We're sick to death of cleaning up threads, its taking up a significant amount of our time and its not helping us encourage new contributors to the forum.

If it mean's permanently getting rid of regular, but troublesome DCF posters we're prepared to do so if we feel it benefits the forum in the long run.

Just something for you guys to think about!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement