Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are company annual earnings public?

Options
  • 14-03-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi there,

I have a small query. I was once told that any fully registered company that's paying their taxes etc have to make their annual earnings accessible to the public. Is this true?

If this is true how do you access this information?

Thanks,

Superyoung

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

• Registered Users Posts: 34 devilshalo

Hi,

If I understand what you're asking fully, a company must file annual returns to the CRO. Anyone can search for your company and buy your records (also includes B10s, A1s etc. forms). There are also commercial sites that allow people to buy this information also.

Open to correction though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Limited companies must have a balance sheet available to the public through CRO. Some limited companies must also have a profit and loss available.

Unlimited companies do not have to make anything available. Neither do sole traders or partnerships.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 superyoung

I have used CRO before but all I found was a certificate and a Business name registration doc, both are from several years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You need to look at the filings related to each company. Looking at RBNs will not do you any good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement