Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 3) - March 16

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Jaysis,

Long way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What fcukin stupid shels fans was defending refs earlier?

Mons are **** and even with 10 im annoyed we didnt beat them, Bennion made up for his " hes behind you " moment last season. Clarkie showed why people thing hes error prone.

We hit the bar we hit the post....just not to be, Ref was fcuking shocking and cost us the game.

Kellys goal was sublime, didnt see the tackle for the red but anyone i spoke to who did agreed it was a red. They should have had at least 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jaysis,

Long way to go.

Twas a joke my good sir!

WTF happened Derrys away support? 50-80 there tonight max, don't they have a Dublin Supporters Club and everything? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The excitement of the Shels lads. Bless.

Seriously lads 18 games in and 16 fuciking red cards.

I thought 12 from 12 was bad but another fcuking 4 tonight? :confused:

Fair play to those teams who didnt have one.

We wont be getting a fair play place this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Couldn't believe how few Derry brought and only a handful of them at the front any way vocal. Good performance from the Reds and great to see them succesfully defend a one nil lead for a change, In fairness the ref bottled a couple of big decisions. Derry should have had a peno, we should of got one for deliberate hand ball and most annoyingly the lino flagging McGill offside after the Derry defender played the ball to him (after a super tackle it must be said).

Anyway 7 points from first three games is much more than I expected to have at this stage and therefore I'm a little bit hyper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CSF wrote: »
    00053189-674.jpg

A fat Ronan O' Gara!! I'd say it took him ages to get back up!!!

stovelid wrote: »
    The excitement of the Shels lads. Bless.

Like a pig in **** I am tonight

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Seriously lads 18 games in and 16 fuciking red cards.

I thought 12 from 12 was bad but another fcuking 4 tonight? :confused:

Fair play to those teams who didnt have one.

We wont be getting a fair play place this season.

I really don't think Powell was a straight red. Was Kelly's harsh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

We weren't great but you were at home and you just sat behind the ball for most of the game and picked it up towards the end against ten men after getting a jammy goal.

Rovers will need to pick up the pace for next week. The opposition look a little eager..well fans :pac:

• Advertisement

Kelly's was probably a red by today's standards. It was one of those 'would have been a yellow at most a few years ago' tackles.

Honestly, i'd say players are afraid to make any sort of tackle now for fear of getting a red!

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers will need to pick up the pace for next week. The opposition look a little eager..well fans :pac:

Do you blame us the crap we've been through the last few years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I didn't think the Derry lad should have been sent off. Convinced he won the ball for his 2nd yellow.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Do you blame us the crap we've been through the last few years?

No because you're obviously the only club in the history of football to have ever suffered.

Didnt see it but anyone i asked said yeah straight red, lad was on fire up to that. Assuming there was no deflection he has goal of the season in the bag.

Would love him back but can't make exceptions for one player when it comes to training. Especially when it comes to Europe.

Would love him back but can't make exceptions for one player when it comes to training. Especially when it comes to Europe.

Uhh its the LOI....we all part time.........

Didnt see it but anyone i asked said yeah straight red, lad was on fire up to that. Assuming there was no deflection he has goal of the season in the bag.

I reckon there was a definite deflection on it. The defender put in a last ditch tackle (at one stage i thought Kelly was gonna go down for the peno) so i think the ball came off the defenders foot.

At first, it looked like Kelly had absolutely ballooned it high and wide and it just suddenly came back down and into the net!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I reckon there was a definite deflection on it. The defender put in a last ditch tackle (at one stage i thought Kelly was gonna go down for the peno) so i think the ball came off the defenders foot.

At first, it looked like Kelly had absolutely ballooned it high and wide and it just suddenly came back down and into the net!!

Paul K beside the toilets and him and his crew said no deflection.

I was in tv box and to us it looked like a shot.

MNS shall solve all, hope there was none cos then its a proper screamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A great win, topsy turvy all night. Quigley could have been red carded again, but from first impression it was just a keeper blocking his goal. Alls well that ends well though, so roll on next week.

EDIT: Bray also have Volkswagon as the main sponsor on their jerseys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

After all my bitching during the last week, we were excellent tonight. Our goal was lucky, no doubt, but we were the team pressing all night. Shams woke up after the red, and we went to sleep. The equaliser was asked for.

But then the minnowism happened.

Shams seemed happier that Bohs were going bust than they were happy about saving a point against us. The were so happy about Bohs being bust that they ran onto a pitch in Cork, celebrating so. This confused the fuck out of me. I would have thought that saving an ill deserved point would have been the focal point of their celebrations, but no, they seemed to remember at this very stage - 93.45 - that they hated Bohs.

And once again, they acted up outside the ground.

Some tool waving a knife around outside and all the Shams fans went home smiling. Just another great away trip for the trouble free saintly club that is Shams.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

gimmick wrote: »
    After all my bitching during the last week, we were excellent tonight. Our goal was lucky, no doubt, but we were the team pressing all night. Shams woke up after the red, and we went to sleep. The equaliser was asked for.

Shams seemed happier that Bohs were going bust than they were happy about saving a point against us. The were so happy about Bohs being bust that they ran onto a pitch in Cork, celebrating so. This confused the fuck out of me. I would have thought that saving an ill deserved point would have been the focal point of their celebrations, but no, they seemed to remember at this very stage - 93.45 - that they hated Bohs.

Some tool waving a knife around outside and all the Shams fans went home smiling. Just another great away trip for the trouble free saintly club that is Shams.

Go to bed, you sound drunk. And your knife story is dubious to say the least.

Paul K beside the toilets and him and his crew said no deflection.

I was in tv box and to us it looked like a shot.

MNS shall solve all, hope there was none cos then its a proper screamer.

Well, if there was no deflection, i agree with you on the goal of the season contender!! It was magnificent. It's just the way the ball moved for me, it surely came off the defenders foot.

I'm like yourself though, hope there was no deflection!

gimmick wrote: »

You seem annoyed that they didn't find a newly promoted club like Cork as relevant as their derby rivals??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

WTF happened Derrys away support? 50-80 there tonight max, don't they have a Dublin Supporters Club and everything? :confused:

Your estimate is way off, it was about 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I'm struggling to remember what came before it. MNS will clarify anyway. Couldn't give a ****e either way:)
    00053189-674.jpg

It's not very often you see the gravitational force of someone's belly bending pitchside hoardings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ugh. When will I learn?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness I thought Shams fans were in good voice last night.

Did not see any trouble myself.

But it's not something any geniune fan looks for anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I'm struggling to remember what came before it. MNS will clarify anyway. Couldn't give a ****e either way:)
    00053189-674.jpg

While I admire Shels for their ambitious project to get a Philly Hughes - shaped satellite into orbit, that little blue solid-rocket booster won't give anything like the thrust needed to propel that colossus out of the atmosphere.

Maybe it's an experimental tachyon-wave particle drive?

With that technology I'm looking forward to seeing what Shels do to Shamrock Rovers next week.

Philly Hughes reminds more of Pat Shortt.

• Advertisement

Bohs are our rivals. Cork are not. Simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

CiaranC wrote: »
    I will laugh myself to death if Bohs beat Sligo again

pity

Watched some of the game this morning.

I want us to use the talents of Daryl Horgan more.

He needs to be on the ball as much as possible. So I think we should get him playing in the hole.

Reminds me of Wes Hoolahan when he was at Shels. Pat Fenlon mistakenly used to play Wes on the wing and only towards the end of his time at Shels did he become a more central player. We should try and build the team around Duffer as he looks the one player we have that can create.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3 games, 3 losses, no goals :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Grim.
    A good result against Crusaders might spurs them on for the Pat's game. Really need to get at least a point out of that. And for someone to score; 1-1 would be preferable to 0-0.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

In fairness I thought Shams fans were in good voice last night.

Did not see any trouble myself.

But it's not something any geniune fan looks for anyway.

They were in good voice all through, just like they normally are. A good crows fo them travelled down as is usual aswell.
    Well over 4k again down the X - it will probably revert to about 2500 for the majority of matches this season I'd say.

No red cards tho.

We are St Patricks.....we have our own day :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

No red cards tho.
    One against Derry

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    They were in good voice all through, just like they normally are. A good crows fo them travelled down as is usual aswell.
    Well over 4k again down the X - it will probably revert to about 2500 for the majority of matches this season I'd say.

Ya will be around that size of crowd.

if we somehow pick up form then will get better, but I think this season could be a little struggle for us.

From what I understand we have set our budget on getting an average attendance of 2500-2700 a game.

• Advertisement

One against Derry

Oh well :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

From what I understand we have set our budget on getting an average attendance of 2500-2700 a game.

Heard something similar, should work out pretty ok as the season continues I reckon.

Hope everyone had a good Saint Patricks Athetic day.

"we have our own day"

"we have our own day"

Sad

dan1895 wrote: »
    Sad

awww not got your own day :(

Firhouse beat Drogs on penos in LSC this morning.
    Crumlin beating Dundalk 1-0 atm

"we have our own day"

Have to tell you there is no Santa or Easter Bunny either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

What?

Every day is a Shelbourne day :cool:

Advertisement