Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP 1st generation - broken analogue

• 14-03-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

This is something I haven't played around with in a while but I have an old PSP, first generation with CFW (still some M33, it has been a while, 2008 or maybe 2009 since I've done anything with it).

The problem is that the analogue started to 'drift'; basically it is as if constantly held in one direction. It's not a calibration issue as it doesn't start drifting until the PSP has been on for a few minutes, and it's not an issue with the stick itself as I bought a replacement and that's giving the same problem.

Mainly I'm wondering if this is a problem someone has seen before and if there's an easy fix. But in any case I want to know if the PSP is worth much - it's certainly fine for anything that doesn't require analogue (if the stick is removed then there's no 'ghost' movement).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

red_fox wrote: »
    This is something I haven't played around with in a while but I have an old PSP, first generation with CFW (still some M33, it has been a while, 2008 or maybe 2009 since I've done anything with it).

The problem is that the analogue started to 'drift'; basically it is as if constantly held in one direction. It's not a calibration issue as it doesn't start drifting until the PSP has been on for a few minutes, and it's not an issue with the stick itself as I bought a replacement and that's giving the same problem.

Mainly I'm wondering if this is a problem someone has seen before and if there's an easy fix. But in any case I want to know if the PSP is worth much - it's certainly fine for anything that doesn't require analogue (if the stick is removed then there's no 'ghost' movement).

I'd say its dirty contacts or dirt in the actual analogue stick itself. You can buy replacement ones for little or nothing, & it's simple to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I should have some spare parts for original psp if you need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I swapped out the analogue but it gives the same problem, I'll make sure the connection is clean though.

Advertisement