Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Eircom so bad??

Options
  • 14-03-2012 12:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have moved into a new appartment and i was told that the previous tenant had eircom in for internet. So i had a look at my options and I cannot go to another provider because the phone line is not active.
    So on 5/3/12 i rang Eircom and asked them what to do about getting Broadband in, they took the address but said they couldnt find an account or record or the address on their system?

So after receving 5 bills to the place under 5 different names I rang again on Monday and was talking to a girl there. I explained the situation to her and she said thats fine but previous tenant left an outstanding balance and could I get a copy of the Lease to them and that will sort it out straight away, i faxed it in and have heard nothing at all back. I was talking to 2 other people in the complex and they told me that they are 2/3 months waiting on Eircom to get them connected aswell. When I asked the girl on the phone could she tell me what speed the line is capable of I was told no but if I ordered NGB i might only get 1meg thru the line so its a case of I order at my own risk.

Why cant you guys activate the phone line at least (or even just reactivate the line and give me BB its already connected up just a case of activating the line again) and let me go to the like of Vodafone or something because every experience I have had with Eircom has been very very bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

To be fair this problem is not limited to Eircom. It happens with many utilities when it comes to apartments and changing tenants regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ok I have moved into a new appartment and i was told that the previous tenant had eircom in for internet. So i had a look at my options and I cannot go to another provider because the phone line is not active.
    So on 5/3/12 i rang Eircom and asked them what to do about getting Broadband in, they took the address but said they couldnt find an account or record or the address on their system?

So after receving 5 bills to the place under 5 different names I rang again on Monday and was talking to a girl there. I explained the situation to her and she said thats fine but previous tenant left an outstanding balance and could I get a copy of the Lease to them and that will sort it out straight away, i faxed it in and have heard nothing at all back. I was talking to 2 other people in the complex and they told me that they are 2/3 months waiting on Eircom to get them connected aswell. When I asked the girl on the phone could she tell me what speed the line is capable of I was told no but if I ordered NGB i might only get 1meg thru the line so its a case of I order at my own risk.

Why cant you guys activate the phone line at least (or even just reactivate the line and give me BB its already connected up just a case of activating the line again) and let me go to the like of Vodafone or something because every experience I have had with Eircom has been very very bad.

Hi jonny24ie,

Can you private message me with your name, full address you are looking to get connected and the fax number sent the agreement to and I will follow it up for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mark,

So far so good, my phone line was activated on Friday and the Broadband Bundle was ordered yesterday so I should have it any day now with a bit of luck. Many thanks to you and Ann.

Jonny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Mark,

So far so good, my phone line was activated on Friday and the Broadband Bundle was ordered yesterday so I should have it any day now with a bit of luck. Many thanks to you and Ann.

Jonny

No problem Jonny,

I will pass on your feedback to Ann. Thanks for for you post on the thread.

Regards, Mark

Advertisement