Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPad at Apple Store Belfast Fri 16th

• 14-03-2012 12:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what time the Apple Store in Victoria Square will open this Friday?

Anyone here planning to head up and queue and if so have you done this in the past? Any recommendations as to when to start queuing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

They will not announce opening hours until later today. They suggest checking the store website: http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/victoriasquare/ Alternatively, call them later today for confirmation: +44 28 9016 1900

iPad 2 was a 5pm launch, but a morning time launch is expected for the new iPad.

You can expect some people will queue overnight. With iPhone 4S launch, I know that the queue was quite short at 10am and there was still stock for sale.

As is normal with recent Apple launches, the media are reporting low levels of stock and delays for online orders.

They have not yet received any stock, so cannot confirm likely availability.

They do not take pre-orders. All sales are first-come, first-served. They do supervise the queue and for the iPhone 4S issued tickets to those queueing so they could be sure of the model they were buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Is victoria square a 24 hr shopping center ? On recent launches in the morning if your there are you likely to get one ? Im thinking of heading myself , just be afraid i might not get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

victoria mall is an open air mall so it will be opened.

i queued to pick up an iphone 4 that i had reserved.

joined the queue at 7:30am, got my phone at 11:45am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

Yup, it's an open air mall, but covered. If it rains, you'll not get wet in the queueing. If it's windy or cold, you'll wish you had your hat and gloves.

It's very close to Belfast Central train station. The first train from Dublin Connolly is scheduled to arrive at 9.45am. It's less than ten minutes walk from the station to the Apple Store.

If supply:demand is similar to previous iPhone launches, that is plenty early for a morning launch. If you are the sort of person that is already anxious that supply will be low, or demand high, you'd best settle your nerves by getting in queue earlier.

How much earlier is anyone's guess, but I'd be upset if they run out of stock so early that they cannot satisfy people that queued from 7.30am.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

CUPERTINO, California―March 14, 2012―Apple® today announced the new iPad®, the third generation of its category defining mobile device, will arrive at Apple’s retail stores and the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com) on Friday, March 16 at 8:00 a.m. local time in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland and the UK; along with Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/03/14New-iPad-Arrives-in-the-US-Nine-Additional-Countries-on-Friday.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Graham wrote: »
    CUPERTINO, California―March 14, 2012―Apple® today announced the new iPad®, the third generation of its category defining mobile device, will arrive at Apple’s retail stores and the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com) on Friday, March 16 at 8:00 a.m. local time in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland and the UK; along with Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/03/14New-iPad-Arrives-in-the-US-Nine-Additional-Countries-on-Friday.html

Ok, so that means that Australia will have it first so you'd be best heading there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Is there any point in heading to the Apple Store on Saturday, Sunday or Monday? Or will the stock on Friday be all they will have all weekend?

I've decided to go up , looking forward to it , going to leave fairly early from limerick going to be a lonnnnnng drive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

RVN10 wrote: »
    I've decided to go up , looking forward to it , going to leave fairly early from limerick going to be a lonnnnnng drive :D

Oh take me with you! I've been ringing around an stores still don't have any idea what stock, if any, they will be getting on the 23rd. Currys in Carlow said they won't know until the 22nd whether they are launching it or not

Oh take me with you! I've been ringing around an stores still don't have any idea what stock, if any, they will be getting on the 23rd. Currys in Carlow said they won't know until the 22nd whether they are launching it or not

Thats what i was afraid of aswell that some stores wont get any on the 23rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's still 'coming soon' on the IE store....

http://www.apple.com/ie/ipad/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Apple phoned me personally today to recant delivery date of 20/03 as advised by email and inform me that it would be delivered on the 16th as originally advised on ordering.

Status just updated 5 minutes ago, has just been expedited.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭decies

Could ye not relax and buy it down south and support Irish jobs , have a iPhone 18 months , going to get new I pad in this constituency all this driving miles is a bit silly never mind the price of fuel!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'm getting the train :D you could ride to Belfast on that high horse ;)

Cork plays a major role anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I called the Belfast store and they ain't giving much away. The guy was pretty standoffish and kept saying he didn't know to every question. Only question that got an answer was that you should be ok arriving in later in the day if you want a 64GB 3G.

redout wrote: »
    I called the Belfast store and they ain't giving much away. The guy was pretty standoffish and kept saying he didn't know to every question. Only question that got an answer was that you should be ok arriving in later in the day if you want a 64GB 3G.

To be fair, they DON'T know and the answer given is based on the state of play late afternoon following the last two releases. They have no idea until the boxes are opened early tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoredATvicSqr

I am now in the queue
    sorry let me rephrase that
    I am now the queue
    Getting bored fast on my own, (family in hotel arggg) if anyone cares to join me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I am now in the queue
    I am now the queue
    Getting bored fast on my own, (family in hotel arggg) if anyone cares to join me

There's a queue already ?
    Screw that not going up there then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, I'd like an iPad but not that badly that I would travel, queue outdoors on my own overnight and they'll be available her enext week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

I'm living in Limerick myself. Has anyone phoned compub? What did they say (I assume they didn't have any idea either...).

I'm not going to Belfast this Friday, first of all because I would have to take a bus but secondly and more important I have to work (and I'm definitely NOT taking a day off to get the iPad, as much as I want it:D). Maybe, if I feel like it and they still had stock, I'd go on Monday (is it this day a public holiday in the UK as well?).

Well, any information would be appreciated. If I can't get it physically I'll go to the online store and order it, as I did with my iPhone, but I'd rather not having to wait for two weeks to get it delivered, tbh...

I am now in the queue
    I am now the queue

Are you the only one there?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

Are you the only one there?

He's the queue so I guess so:D

I was so tempted to go up myself, but I have to be back in Kilkenny for work at 4 pm so I just don't think its possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I have no money left so no iPad for me:mad:

I can confirm that I am the only one in the queue and the apple store workers are staying in there all night
    There will be no curtain and you will be able to see them setting up the store
    P.s I'm bored

If anyone could give me an era on there arrival it would be much appreciated
    Before I die of boredom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grove365

anyone know if there will be a webcam feed for the queue outside apple store in belfast? there was one for the ipad2 launch last year.

grove365 wrote: »
    anyone know if there will be a webcam feed for the queue outside apple store in belfast? there was one for the ipad2 launch last year.

I am the queue so no lol
    It would just be me pacing up and down

• Advertisement

I am the queue so no lol
    It would just be me pacing up and down

Could be entertaining :D

Advertisement