Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPad at Apple Store Belfast Fri 16th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoredATvicSqr

Could be entertaining :D[/Quote]

You'd Probobly be more entertained than I am now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭squonk

Fair play to ya Bored :) Not sure I'd que myself either but good on ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Hi bored good idea to bring the family - I presume they'll be doing a bit of queuing for you later? Any attention from passersby? I'm half tempted to jump in the car and drive down from Dublin but think I'll wait until next Friday. At least you can be sure the Apple ship will have some stock!

digitaldr wrote: »
    Hi bored good idea to bring the family - I presume they'll be doing a bit of queuing for you later? Any attention from passersby? I'm half tempted to jump in the car and drive down from Dublin but think I'll wait until next Friday. At least you can be sure the Apple ship will have some stock!

No they won't do any queuing :( quite a few laughs from passer buys :>
    Mon down sure I'm still on my own
    (face palm)

I hate random people coming up and asking me "why?" I feel like an idiot then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I am the queue so no lol
    It would just be me pacing up and down

You should be thankful for the Good Friday Agreement.

Sole male southerner pacing up and down outside a Belfast electronics store would have got you arrested 20 years ago!

murpho999 wrote: »
    You should be thankful for the Good Friday Agreement.

Sole male southerner pacing up and down outside a Belfast electronics store would have got you arrested 20 years ago!

Sounds dodgy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are you still flying solo BoredATVicSqr? I'm on the train heading to Belfast now but not really planning on joining the queue until early tomorrow morning.

Graham wrote: »
    Are you still flying solo BoredATVicSqr? I'm on the train heading to Belfast now but not really planning on joining the queue until early tomorrow morning.

Yeah still just me you should come now tho I'm bored lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Ill be heading up early in the morning. About 3 or 4. Can you give an update during the night about queue numbers please? hoping theres not too many ahead of me! :)

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Ill be heading up early in the morning. About 3 or 4. Can you give an update during the night about queue numbers please? hoping theres not too many ahead of me! :)

Yah I'll keep you posted

So bored I've written a Poem

Here alone at the store
    Apple logo on its door

Been here since 12 thirty
    On the floor which is dirty

Hope someone joins me soon
    Because I look, like a spoon

Just out of curiosity are you just determined to get an iPad or are you determined to be first?

Graham wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity are you just determined to get an iPad or are you determined to be first?
    iPad I don't really care about being first I was heading up to Belfast for an interview which was at 10 and there was no point driving all the way back home (2 and a half hours) just to come back in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

iPad I don't really care about being first I was heading up to Belfast for an interview which was at 10 and there was no point driving all the way back home (2 and a half hours) just to come back in the morning

Do you know if they are putting a limit on the amount you can buy like they applied in some US stores last year?

redout wrote: »

Do you know if they are putting a limit on the amount you can buy like they applied in some US stores last year?

Don't sure Ill ask

BREAKING NEWS:
    There are now 2 people in the queue
    Me and another gentleman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

BREAKING NEWS:
    Me and another gentleman

Brilliant, now you will only look half as weird :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Anyone know would apple take laser? Or is it a case of going to the bank first? Husband thinking of going up but the money's in the account n even if I take it out it'll be in euros!

Take it ou at an ATM in Belfast then it's in sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Anyone know would apple take laser? Or is it a case of going to the bank first? Husband thinking of going up but the money's in the account n even if I take it out it'll be in euros!

Are you sure you still have Laser as most have been replaced by Visa Debit?

Anyhow Laser will only work in Rep of Ireland however if it has Maestro/Cirrus on it (which it should do) then it'll work assuming Apple accept Maestro/ Cirrus cards!

Whatever you do don't try and pay in Euro's cash as if they do accept it yet will give you a bad rate. Just get cash at an ATM up there if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sharmon33

BREAKING NEWS:
    Me and another gentleman

What time is the Belfast store opening in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BREAKING NEWS:
    Me and another gentleman

“Hey, fun boys, get a room!”
    tumblr_lpetyfrebJ1qzfmx7o1_500.jpg
    :D

Fair play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

sharmon33 wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS:
    Me and another gentleman

What time is the Belfast store opening in the morning?

I think I read that all apple stores are opening at 8am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

murpho999 wrote: »

Are you sure you still have Laser as most have been replaced by Visa Debit?

Anyhow Laser will only work in Rep of Ireland however if it has Maestro/Cirrus on it (which it should do) then it'll work assuming Apple accept Maestro/ Cirrus cards!

Whatever you do don't try and pay in Euro's cash as if they do accept it yet will give you a bad rate. Just get cash at an ATM up there if you need it.

Definitely laser with aib not
    Changed yet. Is there a daily limit on the laser use up north in an atm

Edit:I lie! It's got maestro on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeyJonson

Was thinking of heading up at about 7 in the morning, probably be there for 9. What do you think chances are of getting one?

I rang shop and they said it all depends on queues that build overnight. He said they usually have stock for most of the day on other launches

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeyJonson

By the way Bored, many there in queue now?

JoeyJonson wrote: »
    By the way Bored, many there in queue now?

Still only 2 here, mental lol
    It's a sad looking queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Still only 2 here, mental lol
    It's a sad looking queue

Do 2 people qualify as a queue ? Sounds more like a couple :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Definitely laser with aib not
    Changed yet. Is there a daily limit on the laser use up north in an atm

Yes, there is a limit on ATM withdrawals from Laser, should be reasonably high in the UK (can be as low as E100 equivalent per day in other countries) but best ring AIB to confirm it's high enough for you to withdraw what you need.

Advertisement