Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPad at Apple Store Belfast Fri 16th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Griffinx

Anyone any idea how much I would get for a 16Gb wifi iPad 1 on eBay?

Gx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Griffinx wrote: »

Gx

You could have a look....just type 16GB wifi IPAD into Ebay search..:p

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Griffinx wrote: »

Gx

Gamestop are buying used iPads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

target wrote: »
    Just been into the Apple store in Belfast. Plenty of new iPads in stock, all models, and no queues.

Me too, was in there today and got one no problem from a very nice blonde girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

CombatCow wrote: »
    Me too, was in there today and got one no problem from a very nice blonde girl :)

Her name ?
    I might go up tomorrow - I'll say CombatCow sent me:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Black Dynamite

I presume the prices in the Apple store in Belfast are the same as the ones on the UK Apple website? Was thinking about going up to get a 64gig 3g version instead of waiting about a month for one to be delivered from Apple. So that's about 800 euro right?

Oh, and hi, bit of a noob around these parts! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

I'm still dumbfounded by this screen. I can't use my MacBook air again. It's like looking at illuminated paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

New iPad seems nice. I don't have one myself but been toying with the idea of buying one for a while. However I want to change my phone. I currently have a 32GB 3GS and it's become very slow I've noticed and it's also running out of space. I'm tempted to buy a 4S but finances don't allow me to do so just yet, perhaps that's a blessing in disguise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just traded in my iPad Uno 32gb Wifi with Gamestop.....got €250 for it so happy with that saves the hassle of trying to sell it. Have the money in me wallet ready to buy new one on Friday....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Just traded in my iPad Uno 32gb Wifi with Gamestop.....got €250 for it so happy with that saves the hassle of trying to sell it. Have the money in me wallet ready to buy new one on Friday....:D

Do they inspect them for scratches etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

Any people living in Limerick here? Do you have any idea about where we'll be able to buy an iPad on Friday? (or at least, the stores that can potentially have it, based on previous releases).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

mariotr87 wrote: »
    Any people living in Limerick here? Do you have any idea about where we'll be able to buy an iPad on Friday? (or at least, the stores that can potentially have it, based on previous releases).
    Compu B next to Brown Thomas on O'Connell street or PC World/Currys out by the parkway would be your best bets

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Do they inspect them for scratches etc?

Yes they do, mine had none on it but not a very thorough inspection. Turned it on checked it was working & look for scratches. They didn't even want the charger so got to keep that, which, is handy.

Happy with the price I got and roll on Friday....

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Compu B next to Brown Thomas on O'Connell street or PC World/Currys out by the parkway would be your best bets

Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Yes they do, mine had none on it but not a very thorough inspection. Turned it on checked it was working & look for scratches. They didn't even want the charger so got to keep that, which, is handy.

Happy with the price I got and roll on Friday....

I wonder what they do with them if they dont want chargers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Hi prettyboy, was the €250 cash or store credit?

filo87 wrote: »
    Hi prettyboy, was the €250 cash or store credit?

Cash or Store Credit, whatever suits you, I took the cash to put towards price of the new iPad...

The chap in the store was telling me that they will not be reselling them, supposedly they are selling off the parts in the iPad. Thats all I got out of him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Guess where I was?

196830.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Guess where I was?

196830.jpg

i came:D:D:D

Does Compu b and the rest of stores selling Apple products have the same policies than the official Apple store when it comes to exchanging/returning an item?

• Advertisement

Drove to Belfast - lovely drive actually on sunny day.
    Guy in apple store told me they have loads of stock left up there desipte selling more ipad3's than the did ipad2's at that time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I rang the Apple store last night and they said they had lots of stock left, so I wanted to drive up this morning. But I just called them again to confirm and they said all remaining stock must now be reserved online after 9pm :(

They said there'd be no chance of getting one now just by walking in there and that they just changed the procedure last night. Am a bit peeved that they didn't tell me that when I rang yesterday, still considering going up to pc world or so but I hate their after sales.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I rang the Apple store last night and they said they had lots of stock left, so I wanted to drive up this morning. But I just called them again to confirm and they said all remaining stock must now be reserved online after 9pm :(

They said there'd be no chance of getting one now just by walking in there and that they just changed the procedure last night. Am a bit peeved that they didn't tell me that when I rang yesterday, still considering going up to pc world or so but I hate their after sales.

You don't have to do after sales with PC World - Deal with Apple directly.

Rang Currys this morning & they reserved the last 32gig Wifi for me in their Newry Store 479 sterling plus I had €250 from sale of my original iPad yesterday.

Home now & the retina display is just magic....Happy Monday for moi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Just reserved in Harvey Norman in Carrickmines for Friday.

Very excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Any thoughts from new owners yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

banquo wrote: »
    none, i'm still salivating

banquo wrote: »

Well going from original iPad to the new iPad (that just doesn't sound right) serious improvement. The retina display just have to see it to believe it savage quality, a lot faster using apps, web, etc. Only being playing it past few hours but happy with my purchase...

Hmmm

My first time with an ipad. The screen is good, but its not as jaw dropping as the hype led me to expect so I'm a bit underwhelmed - though I have et to properly play with the photo side of things. Finding the apple restrictions software wise kind of annoying. Why oh why I can't just drag and drop to the device from Finder drives me mental. Also the lack of a file explorer on the thing.
    Anyhow I expected that - I've decided to just try it out for a month or two and see if I can adapt. If I don't like it I will sell it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Hmmm

My first time with an ipad. The screen is good, but its not as jaw dropping as the hype led me to expect so I'm a bit underwhelmed - though I have et to properly play with the photo side of things. Finding the apple restrictions software wise kind of annoying. Why oh why I can't just drag and drop to the device from Finder drives me mental. Also the lack of a file explorer on the thing.
    Anyhow I expected that - I've decided to just try it out for a month or two and see if I can adapt. If I don't like it I will sell it on.

Wait until there is a jb available...at the moment you are driving a ferrari with the handbreak on!

Advertisement