Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPad at Apple Store Belfast Fri 16th

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I just foung the article about the new ipad ;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2117141/iPad-3-reviews-Users-mob-forums-complain-new-Apple-gadget-overheats.html

I didn't know whether to post this here or a new thread? Please move if not for here but it is about the ipad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Rang Currys this morning & they reserved the last 32gig Wifi for me in their Newry Store 479 sterling plus I had €250 from sale of my original iPad yesterday.

I got mine there too today, after the Apple Store said they only sold them with prior reservations. After reading this thread I looked online and reserved one in the same store.

By the way, my first impressions are: Screen is super, it's so much better especially with small text. Much less need now to zoom in because it's so clear. It does get a lot hotter than my iPad 1, which was always ice cold even when doing 3G games. This one gets fairly warm in a specific spot at the back even when just surfing around. It's a bit uncomfortable if you happen to hold it there, but I still wouldn't go back to the old one. Definitely something to improve for the next new iPad though. The Cortex A15 (this is still an A9) is supposed to be a lot more energy efficient so I think it's possible to bring that down again.

I never owned an iPad 2 so I can't comment on the increased weight, it feels the same as my iPad 1. I got the smart cover as well and I don't like it, I prefer the full cover Apple made for the iPad 1. Maybe I'll try it on the new one :)

Edit: Too bad, there was something wrong with it after all: The microphone doesn't work... Make sure you test this if you get one. Mine doesn't record anything but noise unless I plug in an iPhone 4 headset with microphone, then it works. I applied for a replacement from Apple but I'm sure it will take weeks before I get a working one back :( Hope I don't have to deal with Currys though, as they're 350km away and I have bad experiences with their aftersales. So much for getting one soon :( I boxed it up now, don't feel like setting everything up when I have to do it all over again when I get the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

So much for getting one soon :( I boxed it up now, don't feel like setting everything up when I have to do it all over again when I get the next one.

Plenty of merit. You can set up your iPad how you want as normal and work away on it. Then before you send it back, connect it to iTunes to save the current configuration. When you get your new iPad, again connect to iTunes and you can select your last setup and you will be good to go seamlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yes they do, mine had none on it but not a very thorough inspection. Turned it on checked it was working & look for scratches. They didn't even want the charger so got to keep that, which, is handy.

Happy with the price I got and roll on Friday....

Hi, stupid question. Did you need to have it in the box?
    I kept mine for two years but have misplaced it in a house move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I doubt they would need the box to trade it in if they are not even looking for the charger?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Hope I don't have to deal with Currys though, as they're 350km away and I have bad experiences with their aftersales. So much for getting one soon :( I boxed it up now, don't feel like setting everything up when I have to do it all over again when I get the next one.

Deal with Apple direct. They have a super customer service and will turn the repair around in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

No box needed, just have it charged so they can check it & wipe all your personal data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

So anyone picking one up Friday? I'm very tempted to get one in Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

Ricky91t wrote: »
    So anyone picking one up Friday? I'm very tempted to get one in Cork :)

I'll get one here in Limerick if I have the chance, although I won't be able to go to the store until 17:30 at the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Know it's not exactly Belfast, but I picked up my 16GB 3/4G iPad at the Apple store in Westfield London last Sunday.

They had an iPad queue outside the door and a seperate iPad sales area designated on a few tables within the store with a trolly full of iPads in the middle. Waiting time was about 15mins and they said they had plenty of stock and had indeed even received a fresh batch that same morning.

So nothing like the shortages that were seen during the iPad2 launch at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

bkehoe wrote: »
    Know it's not exactly Belfast, but I picked up my 16GB 3/4G iPad at the Apple store in Westfield London last Sunday.

They had an iPad queue outside the door and a seperate iPad sales area designated on a few tables within the store with a trolly full of iPads in the middle. Waiting time was about 15mins and they said they had plenty of stock and had indeed even received a fresh batch that same morning.

So nothing like the shortages that were seen during the iPad2 launch at all.

Looks to me as if Apple are not holding any stock back when it comes to selling in bricks n mortar stores.....lets hope this applies to Ireland also.

Advertisement