Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warplanes Alpha

Options
  • 14-03-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Finally they decided to let me in! I feckin signed up ages ago, and they sent me the acceptance yesterday.

Only played 1 quick round )can't find my joystick). But seemed like its actually a bit better than I expected.

Gonna pick up a cheap and cheerful joystick today, and give it a proper go later on.

Anyone else in the alpha / enjoying it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Yep not really given it any dedication so far though.
    However I am finding it enjoyable (although currently playing using my keyboard).
    Gonna see if I can get it working using my Xbox controller.

Got the controller working for about 5mins doesn't seem to like win7, keeps dropping out.
    Although was slightly easier to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

finished the game I find the ground attack aircrafts are easiest to get good results with but the tier 6 fighters are fun to play.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I must admit to not being massively good at this. Maybe if I try the joystick instead of the mouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Can you log onto the server of WOT and the WOWP server at the same time?
    the reason i ask is that i havnt been accepted for the Alpha and would like to try it by logging in with someones account an downloading it.
    If you cant log in to both at the same time though it wouldnt be woth it.
    pm me if its possible and you are willing
    tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 djuretmurmel

I have got an invitation to WoWP now.
    Just need to download the game and buy a joystick. My old one has a gameport connection which is way outdated now.

Anyone seen a list of supported joystick for the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I have got an invitation to WoWP now.
    Just need to download the game and buy a joystick. My old one has a gameport connection which is way outdated now.

Anyone seen a list of supported joystick for the game?

Most joysticks are USB, so pretty much any modern stick is compatible - from cheap and cheerful €30 sticks, to high end flight yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

How do we get those invitations? I doubt it's totally random between WoT players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How do we get those invitations? I doubt it's totally random between WoT players.

You have to apply on the WoWP site. I did and got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    You have to apply on the WoWP site. I did and got nothing.

I applied a LONG time ago. Don't know how the selection process works. Probably just names out of a hat

I really might buy a joystick for this...Well depends on how good will it go on gamepad and keyboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

I applied a LONG time ago. Don't know how the selection process works. Probably just names out of a hat

Well pretty much yeah but they would also depend on other factors such as: available game time (I put at full and had a very short waiting time) and what trees would you play. Also the 'what is the best plane?' question may have had an effect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well pretty much yeah but they would also depend on other factors such as: available game time (I put at full and had a very short waiting time) and what trees would you play. Also the 'what is the best plane?' question may have had an effect.

I suspect they wanted balanced answers, but I did say that the Sturmovik was the best. Twin 37mm cannons can't be wrong.

Spear wrote: »
    Twin 37mm cannons can't be wrong.

We'll see :) (gamewise)

Advertisement