Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Chatter Bundle 12 month Contract

Options
  • 14-03-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Signed up for Eircoms Chatter Bundle in March of 2011 offer at the time was €41.99 plus call charges made outside of bundle this discount was for the first 6 months of the offer and thereafter it would be €46.00. But i for some reason did not receive the discount every month. I rang 1901 and received a credit for the first 2 months but after that every agent i spoke with told me they would sort the problem but each month they did not. Even spoke with a Supervisor in July who told me he would sort the problem but he didn't. Eventually in Sept 2011 I just gave up I now ring an Eircom agent as I want to get rid of the land line altogether only to be told that there is a penalty to break my contract. But as far as I can gather i had been put into a new contract each time i complained which didnt solve the original problem and has now only elongated my original contract by 6 months. The agent I dealt with yesterday asked which supervisor i spoke with in July to which i gave him the name and then needed to know in what call centre he was located. As i did not interrogate the Supervisor i spoke with at the time i asked to be transferred to a supervisor to which he replied "what would i want to do that for". Anyways the long and the short of this is how do i now get out of a contract without penalty as i didnt sign up for an extra 6 months and is my next should my next port of call be Comreg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

amber2 wrote: »
    Signed up for Eircoms Chatter Bundle in March of 2011 offer at the time was €41.99 plus call charges made outside of bundle this discount was for the first 6 months of the offer and thereafter it would be €46.00. But i for some reason did not receive the discount every month. I rang 1901 and received a credit for the first 2 months but after that every agent i spoke with told me they would sort the problem but each month they did not. Even spoke with a Supervisor in July who told me he would sort the problem but he didn't. Eventually in Sept 2011 I just gave up I now ring an Eircom agent as I want to get rid of the land line altogether only to be told that there is a penalty to break my contract. But as far as I can gather i had been put into a new contract each time i complained which didnt solve the original problem and has now only elongated my original contract by 6 months. The agent I dealt with yesterday asked which supervisor i spoke with in July to which i gave him the name and then needed to know in what call centre he was located. As i did not interrogate the Supervisor i spoke with at the time i asked to be transferred to a supervisor to which he replied "what would i want to do that for". Anyways the long and the short of this is how do i now get out of a contract without penalty as i didnt sign up for an extra 6 months and is my next should my next port of call be Comreg.

Hi amber2,

If you want to send me with your eircom account number and I can look into your bundle / contract issue.

Thanks, Mark

Hi amber2,

I Got your details thanks, I will look into it and get back to you with an update tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭amber2

Any update Mark.

Any update Mark.

Hi amber2,

I sent you a PM regarding the issue. Let me know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

Thank you Mark much appreciated just wondering what about the extension of the original contract which should have finished either last month or this month but when i rang i was told this had been extended to September.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It cannot have been extended without your agreement and therefore there is a record. Ask for the record ...eg a recording of the call.

Thank you Mark much appreciated just wondering what about the extension of the original contract which should have finished either last month or this month but when i rang i was told this had been extended to September.

Hi amber2,

I sent you a PM regarding the above query.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Received my next and no credit appearing on it, would you mind looking into this. please

Thanks

€4.13 by 6 = €24.78

This will show up as a one off credit on your next bill.

Hi Mark,

Received my next and no credit appearing on it, would you mind looking into this. please

Thanks

€4.13 by 6 = €24.78

This will show up as a one off credit on your next bill.

Hi amber2,

Apologies, the credit was not validated correctly when I issued it previously. I can guarantee I have issued it in full today.

- 11/04/12 01 -24.78 GEN. ACC. -24.78 11/04/12

QRY RMKS: BCT GWG CREDIT FOR BUNDLE DISCOUNT AS PER CASE 14/03/12

It was an error on my part, sorry again.

Thanks, Mark

Thats perfect thanks for the reply Mark.

• Advertisement

Thats perfect thanks for the reply Mark.

No problem,

Thanks, Mark

Mark I rang eircom today to cancel my eircom landline as phone is rarely used and only used for broadband service. I was told I cannon get out if the contract until September I would be greatful if you would let me know who to contact in writing to cancel this subscription as the bundle contract was extended without my consent and I now wish to get out of this. I was told by agent on 1901 to get back to you as there was nothing they could do. I will pm my details. Thanks

Mark I rang eircom today to cancel my eircom landline as phone is rarely used and only used for broadband service. I was told I cannon get out if the contract until September I would be greatful if you would let me know who to contact in writing to cancel this subscription as the bundle contract was extended without my consent and I now wish to get out of this. I was told by agent on 1901 to get back to you as there was nothing they could do. I will pm my details. Thanks

Hi amber,

I got your PM thanks, I looked into it and messaged you back.

Thanks, Mark

Emailed phone cancellations on 16/7. Phone and broadband cut off on 1st August.

Hi amber2 ,

Thanks for letting me know. I will track the cancellation request to insure it goes through ok as per the process I advised previously.

Then if you can get back to me when you receive the final bill.

Thanks, Mark

Mark

Just received a bill today not too sure if it's final or not it does not state it us also can you clarify please I am paying line rental from 7th august to 6th sept even though the service was cut off on the 1st August. Is this correct should I still be paying line rental for a line I don't have. Tnx.

Mark

Just received a bill today not too sure if it's final or not it does not state it us also can you clarify please I am paying line rental from 7th august to 6th sept even though the service was cut off on the 1st August. Is this correct should I still be paying line rental for a line I don't have. Tnx.

Hi Amber,

The broadband was cancelled on the account through cancellations on the 10/08/12. The order for cancelling the line account was issued today 14/08/12.

So the final bill will be issued in a few weeks. So ignore (don't pay that bill until you do get the final bill.

And just let me know when you receive it.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark

Just received final bill up to the 14th August would appreciate if you could confirm the final amount due. Thanks

Hi amber2,

I PM you there. I hope the issue should be fully resolved.

Thanks, Mark

Appreciate all your help Mark thank you.

• Advertisement

Appreciate all your help Mark thank you.

Hi Amber,

No problem, sorry about the delay in getting the issue resolved.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement