Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Development Books

Options
  • 14-03-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,

Where is the best place in dublin to buy books?
    Easons?

I am of the old type who would like to look at a book first.

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Hey, I know this is exactly not what you're asking but just in case you don't know you can preview the actual book on Amazon these days.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/C-Depth-Jon-Skeet/dp/1935182471/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331739780&sr=1-1

If you click on the front cover on the top left of the screen you can look at contents, index and part of the first chapter (I believe different books give different levels of previewing). Also the product description gives the number of pages and book dimensions.

I'm not from Dublin so can't give any recommendations on bricks and mortar shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I was in Hodges Figgis recently and I was very impressed with their range of computer books of all kinds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Hodges Figgis and Easons on OConell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Mo14 wrote: »
    I was in Hodges Figgis recently and I was very impressed with their range of computer books of all kinds.

It's a shadow of its former self unfortunately, but at the same time there are so many more resources on-line these days.

Easons has a bit of a selection too, and I've picked up a couple of books secondhand around the place too, such as Chapters, and a little second hand shop on Parnell St, but their selection would be limited and a bit out of date - being secondhand...

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement