Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connector to Connect headphone to red/white outputs on tv

• 14-03-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hers is the situation The young lad has 32 inch Normende lcd tv. Normende, in their infinite wisdom put the headphone socket at the back of the tv!

He has Philips wireless headphones. Now I would like to leave the unit permanently attached to the tv however,when headphone base usnit is plugged into tv headphone socket, there is no tv sound for the non headphone wearers.

I thought I could connect the headphones to the red.white audio outs on the back of tv meaning that the headphon user and non headphone users could listen to the tv at the same time.

Is this possible, if so, can someone link me to the exact cable I need for this.

He has just got an xbox 360 for his birthady, all of the tv programme watching will be done via the streaming tv channels on the xbox. Is there a way of connecting the headphone base unit directly into the xbox?

Many thanks
    Pauld

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Do you mean something like this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Ste- thanks look like what i might need, would that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Ste- thanks for your help, unfortunately they do not ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Have a look on ebay. Or if you're in town, you'll pay more in maplins or peats and the like but you will get them.
    At least now you know what to look for ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What is the model number for the headphones/base unit ?

Ken

• Advertisement
Advertisement