Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Draft Help - Most Important Positions To Prioritise

Options
  • 14-03-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Looking for some help here for a friend. He's looking for some advice about his fantasy draft and wants to know what positions he should draft for first.

QB is the most important one, but after that my help is pretty useless and he could end up with a fantastic offense and awful defence, or vice-versa, if he follows my advice :pac:

So I'm just looking for your opinions and what way you'd go about it.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I think a lot depends on position in the draft.

Personally I'd go Running back first and then if all the premium running backs were gone I'd maybe think about drafting Rodgers or another top rated QB but really I'd be thinking Running back first as they are typically in higher demand than QB's.

How many are in the league?

EDIT: Sorry, getting mixed up between madden and fantasy football :(

Anyway for madden it depends what type of game you want to play, pass first/run first etc.

If he plans on passing a lot then yes go QB, but it depends on his draft position. This year I had intended taking a QB but all the best ones were gone by the time my pick rolled around so I went with Jamal Charles.

A lot depends on who is available, if Patrick Willis was available I'd draft him.

After that I was really going with best player available with particular emphasis on D line and O Line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Offensive line first, then Dline

Game won and lost there

My sky interception rate this year is making look a fool
    But last season my Oline made Thomas Jones a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I would take a top level running back, then Left tackle maybe another oline man, then dline or LB depending who was higher rated.

I normally take a young decent qb (like Cam Newton) so you can usually pick him up between round 10 - 15.

I also take my TE early as that is who my passes usually go to. In my off line franchise I have bothe Mercedes Lewis and Aaron Hernandez, put Hernandez as No 2 TE and then no 3 WR he is unstoppable

Another thing is to look for Rookies, especially on the Oline, Nate Solder would be a low to mid 80 tackle, but give him 2-3 years starting he would be knocking on 99.

He should also draft a guard called Bruce Campell, he is a rookie I think, he is mid 70s overall, but he is by far the fastest guard in the game. If you do a toss play on his side and you break the first tackle, you will notice he is clearing the path for you 20 yards past the line of scrimmage, awesome

Advertisement