Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peat based compost African violet

Options
  • 14-03-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hello

I have bought some african Violets online. I need to find peat based (as opposed to peat free), soil free light compost for indoor plants. 2 brands, J Arthur Bowers and Levingtons have been suggested to me but I have no idea where I can buy them in Dublin.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

Monsclara wrote: »
    Hello

I have bought some african Violets online. I need to find peat based (as opposed to peat free), soil free light compost for indoor plants. 2 brands, J Arthur Bowers and Levingtons have been suggested to me but I have no idea where I can buy them in Dublin.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

thanks

You could try Plant Life http://www.plantlife.ie/ - I'm not sure if they have exactly what you're looking for on the website, but you could give them a call, they have a lot of stuff that's not on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Monsclara

Thanks spiralbound. I had called Plantlife and they didn't have any. They suggested Mr Middleton and I got a bag of Growmoor peat based multi-purpose compost, but now that I'm home, I've discovered its for outdoors. Growmoor are going to call me back in the am as they do have a house plant compost, but don't supply in Dublin, but they said they could arrange to get it here if it is suitable. I guess I'll pot them anyway this evening as I've had them since Monday and hopefully they won't die until I get the right stuff.

Advertisement