Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there anything I can do with iPhone?

• 14-03-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I've just move house and before moving I found an iPhone 4 that I thought I'd lost a few years ago :o It was in my sons room lodged behind a desk. Anyway back when I thought I lost it I got the imei(maybe I'm not up on the correct terms) blocked by three and I claimed on my insurance for another. Anyway is there anything I can do to reinstate the phone or would I be best off just giving it to my 5 year old to play games on and save him taking mine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I've just move house and before moving I found an iPhone 4 that I thought I'd lost a few years ago :o It was in my sons room lodged behind a desk. Anyway back when I thought I lost it I got the imei(maybe I'm not up on the correct terms) blocked by three and I claimed on my insurance for another. Anyway is there anything I can do to reinstate the phone or would I be best off just giving it to my 5 year old to play games on and save him taking mine?

Not getting on the high horse or anything, but you do know that technically that phone belongs to the insurance company, don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Not getting on the high horse or anything, but you do know that technically that phone belongs to the insurance company, don't you?

Yes, you are getting on your high horse, technically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

iPhone 4 was launched less than two years ago. July 2010. Yet you lost it a few years ago:confused: Must have bought it and lost it same day:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

naasrd wrote: »

He's not, he's giving the OP a reality check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you contact the insurance company and tell them you found the phone they may offer to sell it back to you in which case you could get it taken off the blacklist.

On the other hand they may ask for their money back, not sure what happens in your situation. You did genuinely lose it so the insurance claim was bona fide and you were entitled to be paid so I would expect that they will offer to sell it back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Wow talk about being pedantic. I bought it the day it was launched and lost it that October so I lost it around 18months ago.
    Thanks coylemj that's helpful. I never knew t was possible to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

naasrd wrote: »

I don't know what your problem is. It doesnt bother me whatever the OP decides to do with it, but if he didn't already know, then its something that he should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Wow talk about being pedantic. I bought it the day it was launched and lost it that October so I lost it around 18months ago.

don't do that, they'll look for their money back, have you checked to see if it was blocked?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

darokane wrote: »
    don't do that, they'll look for their money back, have you checked to see if it was blocked?

What "money"? They would have replaced his phone, so the thing to do is give them back the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

whiterebel wrote: »
    What "money"? They would have replaced his phone, so the thing to do is give them back the original.

Why would the OP want to give back the original when they clearly want to keep it and use the older phone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

So a whole 18 months have gone by, during which you didn't look down the back of the desk even once:eek:
    What else crawled out of there, when you did evenually move it:D

darokane wrote: »
    Why would the OP want to give back the original when they clearly want to keep it and use the older phone

What the OP wants doesn't matter. Its blocked and he's looking for a way to defraud the insurance.

Advertisement