Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options
  • 14-03-2012 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

http://www.facebook.com/DefenceForces
    Irish Defence Forces
    In relation to people who received emails from the various Manpower Offices informing them that the panel they were on it now closed. The 2012 Competition has not been launched as of yet and you will need to wait for this launch before you can reapply. Applications, again, will only be accepted through our website www.military.ie and are only accepted from people who meet the minimum eligibility criteria - no exceptions will be made. Please refer any additional queries to recruitment@defenceforces.ie

Hopefully this means there will be a competition this year again to give new applications a shot and others another shot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

I heard on the radio that 600 recruits will be taken in this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tybalt

CIGANO wrote: »

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0314/defence.html
    Minister of State Fergus O'Dowd has said recruitment of up to 600 staff for the Defence Forces will commence this year.
    Mr O'Dowd was taking defence questions in the Dáil in place of Minister for Defence Alan Shatter.
    He said the intention is to bring the forces up to the target level of 9,500 members from the current level of under 9,000.
    Mr O'Dowd would not be drawn on when the recruitment would begin, but said it would happen as soon as possible.
    He confirmed that 551 members left the Defence Forces between 1 January and 29 February.
    Mr O'Dowd said vacancies at the level of Major General and Brigadier General had been filled and procedures were in place to ensure that other vacancies were filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Hmm. I wonder how many cadetships they're going to offer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

does anyone know of the cut off dates for age. I mean if you are 24 untill the end of this year what the cut off date would be.

beco2010 wrote: »
    does anyone know of the cut off dates for age. I mean if you are 24 untill the end of this year what the cut off date would be.

go to military.ie. one of the FAQ's is to do with that I think. You have to be not older than 24 (or whatever the cut off age is) when you enlist I think. Double check it on military.ie or by emailing them.

• Advertisement

go to military.ie. one of the FAQ's is to do with that I think. You have to be not older than 24 (or whatever the cut off age is) when you enlist I think. Double check it on military.ie or by emailing them.
    thanks ya the age limit is 24 but there was a date last recruitment that you couldnt be turning 25 befor it. that if you were 24 applying then turning 25 soon after

thanks ya the age limit is 24 but there was a date last recruitment that you couldnt be turning 25 befor it. that if you were 24 applying then turning 25 soon after

Oh yeah I know what you mean. They'l announce that when they start a competition probably. It would change depending on when the platoon's are due to start ya see. I could be totally wrong on that but that's what I think. Some of the military lads on this will probably correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah I know what you mean. They'l announce that when they start a competition probably. It would change depending on when the platoon's are due to start ya see. I could be totally wrong on that but that's what I think. Some of the military lads on this will probably correct me if I'm wrong.
    No sounds about right just hope its sooner then later

Should there be a competition this year, is there a realistic chance of there being a cadet class for the army of around 30? Or is a smaller class of around 20 more likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

I'd presume that the number will include cadets, apprentices and direct-entry as well as general service recruits... but even so, that's a hell of a lot, how the feck are they going to accommodate and train them all at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Just heard the news about the 600 places, I'll have a better chance this time :) hopefully we will be able to apply in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

I'm applying too if it happens, but think i could be cutting it close.. i turn 24 in early june.. have about 7 years service in the reserves so i hope that helps...

If anybody hears anything about a cadet class or how many are to be taken, I started a thread a while back; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056569306 , Post new info there. Thanks :D

Maoltuile wrote: »
    I'd presume that the number will include cadets, apprentices and direct-entry as well as general service recruits... but even so, that's a hell of a lot, how the feck are they going to accommodate and train them all at the same time?

Not really, after the recruitment embargo ended in 2010 the DF have taken in 550-600 personnel spread over all branches both officer and enlisted.

I'm applying too if it happens, but think i could be cutting it close.. i turn 24 in early june.. have about 7 years service in the reserves so i hope that helps...

If you get in one of the first platoons this year then you will be all right, you should only worry if you are turning 25 this year.

If you get in one of the first platoons this year then you will be all right, you should only worry if you are turning 25 this year.
    if your turning 25 late this year, do you think that you wont be eligibil or if any one else knows?

So I'm safe in that regard?
    Thank fook..

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

thank jesus for that!!!! about time.

...friday...

if your turning 25 late this year, do you think that you wont be eligibil or if any one else knows?

Well all I know is that during last years intake, a recruit who was 24 passed all fitness/medicals/interviews and was offered a place, he turned 25 just before training started and was not allowed to join.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hippyrod

I think the rule is you have to be 24 on the day of enlistment. Anyone any idea when recruitment will start.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

hippyrod wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when recruitment will start.

From May I heard.

Turbine wrote: »
    From May I heard.
    Is this for Recruits or Cadets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ThatGuy93

Anyone think this number will include apprentices aswell or will it just be cadets and recruits?

Well all I know is that during last years intake, a recruit who was 24 passed all fitness/medicals/interviews and was offered a place, he turned 25 just before training started and was not allowed to join.

ya I heard the same, one of the fellas in my recruitment class told me the same story. i know that in the last recruitment there was a date given that you couldnt be turning 25 befor it. hopfully if it is may then the intake would be 2 maybe 3 months after so id still be 24

ThatGuy93 wrote: »
    Anyone think this number will include apprentices aswell or will it just be cadets and recruits?

In the past while they've turned more to offering apprentices to serving members of the PDF. Its been a while since they took on apprentices. Having said that a lot of experienced people have left the PDF. They might take apprentices. Its hard to call I'm afraid.

Tybalt wrote: »
    Is this for Recruits or Cadets?

Both.

The applications are being released soon enough i hope, anyone have any inside info on times? haha
    It's getting tedious sitting in front of my laptop hitting F5 every few mins.. Worth it in the end i suppose..

The applications are being released soon enough i hope, anyone have any inside info on times? haha
    It's getting tedious sitting in front of my laptop hitting F5 every few mins.. Worth it in the end i suppose..

Nothin being released today if that's what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

You wont have an F5 key left and will probably have drilled through the table beneath if you keep going until they do release them!!!

First lessons to learn about the army... and remember them well....

Get on the bus, get off the bus...
    TBC
    and the nine o clock parade will be at 11 o clock.
    :pac:

Advertisement