Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

I've been on and off the bus more times than i care to remember.. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

I've been on and off the bus more times than i care to remember.. haha
    I am sick of waiting for this bus also, they need to let us apply :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

I am sick of waiting for this bus also, they need to let us apply :D

All military organisations operate the principle of "Hurry up and Wait"

Get used to it if you join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Will definatley have too keep an eye on this...

Dogwatch wrote: »
    All military organisations operate the principle of "Hurry up and Wait"

Get used to it if you join.
    Four years of the RDF thought me that :D

• Advertisement

Four years of the RDF thought me that :D

7, thought me that haha

Heard Rumours about recruitment in April-May (rumours but hopefully it's true) Anyone here out training ? :)

Yup.. out everyday preparing.. not half arsing this i tells ya, I'm getting a place..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

Heard Rumours about recruitment in April-May (rumours but hopefully it's true) Anyone here out training ? :)

From what you've heard will the application forms be out in April-May or will that be the time that training will begin for those who are successful.

CIGANO wrote: »
    From what you've heard will the application forms be out in April-May or will that be the time that training will begin for those who are successful.
    I heard that was when they would be accepting applications (just a rumor do :D) It's nearly April anyhow :D

• Advertisement

I heard that was when they would be accepting applications (just a rumor do :D) It's nearly April anyhow :D

Just more time for all of us to improve on our fitness.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Any body hear any rumours about cadetships? I'm finishing college this year so that's the best route for me! :D

Any body hear any rumours about cadetships? I'm finishing college this year so that's the best route for me! :D
    Didn't hear any news, do with 500 places you could bet there will definitely be a cadet class :D
    Edit: any chance a mod could make this recruitment thread a sticky or merge them, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

i was told the comp was supposed to be up on friday but they couldnt upload it to the website. thats rumours for you...
    the more time the better.

anyone remember how long it took from the first day of the compeition last year to the first day a recruit platoon. was taken in?

Didn't hear any news, do with 500 places you could bet there will definitely be a cadet class :D
    Edit: any chance a mod could make this recruitment thread a sticky or merge them, cheers

Tis 600 hundred buddy, and there is going to be a class.

Heres what it says

"The 2012 Officer Cadet and Recruit Enlistment Competitions have not been launched as of yet as we are awaiting sanction from the Department of Defence. When they are launched applicants will only be able to apply online through this website and only if you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the various competitions.
    If you have any specific queries please direct them to Recruitment and Competitions Section at 01-804 2653/ 2654 or recruitment@defenceforces.ie or see the CAREERS tab on this website."

"The 2012 Officer Cadet and Recruit Enlistment Competitions have not been launched as of yet as we are awaiting sanction from the Department of Defence.When they are launched applicants will only be able to apply online through this website and only if you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the various competitions."

they put this on the website today.

Oh and, I'll second that idea of making the thread a sticky.
    I made one called CADETSHIPS 2012. A mod should merge it with this and make it a sticky, or even better, make both of them stickies.

c-90 wrote: »
    i was told the comp was supposed to be up on friday but they couldnt upload it to the website. thats rumours for you...

anyone remember how long it took from the first day of the compeition last year to the first day a recruit platoon. was taken in?
    Sounds like porkies, couldn't upload the applications to the website ? :D. I emailed the recruitment section today was giving the usual email about waiting for sanction. If I can remember they took applications in September and a recruit platoon started in December in the south :D

I think its time for the waiting game lads..

I think its time for the waiting game lads..
    http://content7.flixster.com/movie/27/86/278613_det.jpg :D

• Advertisement

Applications closed around the 1st of September, I think they were up for around a month, the west were the last brigade to have a platoon start which was around the 1st of march if I remember correctly, so it can be a long wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 perseus123

CIGANO wrote: »

Applications closed around the 1st of September, I think they were up for around a month, the west were the last brigade to have a platoon start which was around the 1st of march if I remember correctly, so it can be a long wait.
    Should we be expecting the competiton to be up next week or after?

perseus123 wrote: »
    Should we be expecting the competiton to be up next week or after?

id say next week. they already advertised the 500+ places and they genuinly need the places so it shouldnt take that long for them to be authorised.

however this is the army and i wouldnt be suprised at anything.

id say next week. they already advertised the 500+ places and they genuinly need the places so it shouldnt take that long for them to be authorised.

however this is the army and i wouldnt be suprised at anything.
    Thought that myself, they wouldn't have released that information if they hadn't planned on starting competitions (eg for General Enlistment) in the next few weeks I reckon. I know this sounds silly but does anyone remember the exact day the online competition was put up last time around, can't remember myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gooleybag

beco2010 wrote: »
    does anyone know of the cut off dates for age. I mean if you are 24 untill the end of this year what the cut off date would be.

You have to be 24 or under on the day of attestation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

You'd be surprised how many times this has been asked and ignored..But hey at least a new thread every 10 mins about recruitment / cadetships keeps the forum alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Its saying they are recruiting but the applications aren't up yet ?????

http://www.military.ie/careers/online-applications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

It's a sunday. They are probably just getting the webpage ready for tomorrow when the applications are actually up.

It still says on the main page that they are not taking applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Starts Monday folks

• Advertisement

Its up there now.

General Enlistment for the Army, and for the Navy.

The cadetship competition hasen't been advertised yet though. It says on the site that they're still waiting for sanction from the DoD for a cadetship competition.

They're still looking for medical officers, and they're looking for musicians now too.

http://www.military.ie/careers

Advertisement