Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

I was told at the Naval base that, 370 were called for Interviews. 210 will go through to the Medical, and 120 will be recruited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

I was told at the Naval base that, 370 were called for Interviews. 210 will go through to the Medical, and 120 will be recruited.

+1 I was told roughly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Say you pass the interview and get through to the next phase which is the medical. Does this mean that once you pass the medical you're in? This is specifically for the army but I'd assume it works for the navy aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Say you pass the interview and get through to the next phase which is the medical. Does this mean that once you pass the medical you're in? This is specifically for the army but I'd assume it works for the navy aswell.

Not necessarily.

For the Eastern Brigade, they are expecting 110 to be recruited. I would expect somewhere in the region of 200 to be called for medicals as the failure rate for medicals is usually quite high.

These will also be security cleared before enlistment as well.

You could be number 200 called for medical, 130 might pass and you end up as the number 20 sub. So just because you pass the medical does not mean you will get recruited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

Not necessarily.

For the Eastern Brigade, they are expecting 110 to be recruited. I would expect somewhere in the region of 200 to be called for medicals as the failure rate for medicals is usually quite high.

These will also be security cleared before enlistment as well.

You could be number 200 called for medical, 130 might pass and you end up as the number 20 sub. So just because you pass the medical does not mean you will get recruited

Do the highest scorers in the interview do medicals first? or how are people separated?

• Advertisement

Anyone else get an email with a medical date today? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭alan86

No did u??

alan86 wrote: »
    No did u??
    Aye for the Army, Southern Brigade. Still waiting to hear from the Navy.

Well done lad fair play.i only went for the navy but nothing back. A few have herd back from the navy but mostly nos.

Do the highest scorers in the interview do medicals first? or how are people separated?

Such is my understanding. Makes most sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 nhoj88

Hi, got an email saying i will be going forward for medical (navy), passed the fitness test with flying colours, in the psychometric test i got 602 in comprehending and 632 in numerical, and the interview went well i think, the email said i would hear soon as to when my medical will be.... Oh and If the emails go out in orders of who is first in line for the medical i got my email at 9:07am this morning.... Anybody else hear anything??

Also am i right in thinking the medicals will be held from the 6th to the 17th of august??

nhoj88 wrote: »
    Hi, got an email saying i will be going forward for medical (navy), passed the fitness test with flying colours, in the psychometric test i got 602 in comprehending and 632 in numerical, and the interview went well i think, the email said i would hear soon as to when my medical will be.... Oh and If the emails go out in orders of who is first in line for the medical i got my email at 9:07am this morning.... Anybody else hear anything??

Also am i right in thinking the medicals will be held from the 6th to the 17th of august??

Well done, I got an email saying I'll be going forward to medical this morning from the Navy at 9.06am so maybe they just sent them all out together. 6th to the 17th were the original dates which may still be going ahead but be prepared for changes just in case. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nhoj88

nhoj88 wrote: »

Well done, I got an email saying I'll be going forward to medical this morning from the Navy at 9.06am so maybe they just sent them all out together. 6th to the 17th were the original dates which may still be going ahead but be prepared for changes just in case. Best of luck :)

Fair play, good advice. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

got medical for navy delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Did anyone get a medical for the eastern army

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Yeah getting nervous about that myself did anyone else hear from the eastern brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Mop93 wrote: »
    Yeah getting nervous about that myself did anyone else hear from the eastern brigade?

I haven heard anything yet , did you hear or you still waiting

Still waiting man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

+1 I was told roughly the same.

any ideas why so many people fail medical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Yeah I'm going for Eastern Brigade aswell and havn't heard anything yet. Guess they just havn't gone through them all yet. Good to see that others havn't heard aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I wonder how many people applied for the Navy in case they didn't get the Army....?
    I would imagine there are quite a few people who are now getting called for Navy medicals but will 'jump ship' if they are called for the Army next week.....

phewwwwww that helps to see eastern brigade hasnt started doing it yet

Got a medical for the navy happy days just wonerding dose anyone know what is involved in the medical

alan86 wrote: »
    Got a medical for the navy happy days just wonerding dose anyone know what is involved in the medical

full medical history - it is an offence contrary to Military Law to fail to disclose any medical issues that you have at this point. Will be considered to be Fraudulent Enlistment if you lie / omit / lie about any preexisting meddical issues.
    After that a medic / nurse will examine eyes, ears, lungs, heart, bloods, urine, BMI
    Then you get to see a doc who does a very thorough examination

Thanks for that sounds like grate fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

full medical history - it is an offence contrary to Military Law to fail to disclose any medical issues that you have at this point. Will be considered to be Fraudulent Enlistment if you lie / omit / lie about any preexisting meddical issues.
    After that a medic / nurse will examine eyes, ears, lungs, heart, bloods, urine, BMI
    Then you get to see a doc who does a very thorough examination

Many, many people omit little details that they don't want the Medical Officer to know, and if you're smart about it, you won't be caught.

Donny5 wrote: »
    Many, many people omit little details that they don't want the Medical Officer to know, and if you're smart about it, you won't be caught.

And it if you are it is an offence contrary to section 165 "General offences in relation to enlistment" of the Defence Act

And it if you are it is an offence contrary to section 165 "General offences in relation to enlistment" of the Defence Act

Only if you're caught.

Great advice. Thank you very much

• Advertisement

Great advice. Thank you very much

It is great advice and you know it. There are many officers and enlisted men serving today who wouldn't have been disqualified had they been honest at medical time.

Advertisement