Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

coll19 wrote: »
    Reference your Application for Enlistment into the Naval Service - You are now on a reserve panel. Please continue to check your email regularly.

Your number on this panel is:

Regards

Naval Service Manpower Office

they didnt explain much at all with this :P

You might not make it this year but they could do what they did in 2011 for next year and recruit from the surplus panel that applied for the 2010 competition instead of running a new comp when they needed recruits. Definitely don't give up on it anyway, keep checking your mails and you could even ring them in a few weeks to get an update. Best of luck!

do you know how many was called to medicals was it just the 120?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coll19

did u get a medical? do u know how many are on this panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

swimfast wrote: »
    do you know how many was called to medicals was it just the 120?

The info I got on the day of my interview strongly suggested that at first only the top 120 scoring candidates would be called for medical. I took it with a grain of salt at the time as we all know how the rumour mill takes hold of these types of situations, but i have yet to see it be contradicted so i'm thinking that there is truth in it. If anyone wants to correct me on that feel free.

Coll19 I have no idea how many people are on the panel, sorry.

The info I got on the day of my interview strongly suggested that at first only the top 120 scoring candidates would be called for medical. I took it with a grain of salt at the time as we all know how the rumour mill takes hold of these types of situations, but i have yet to see it be contradicted so i'm thinking that there is truth in it. If anyone wants to correct me on that feel free.

Coll19 I have no idea how many people are on the panel, sorry.

hopefully thats the case :) did you get a medical yourself ?

• Advertisement

hopefully thats the case :) did you get a medical yourself ?

I did aye I have it in a few days time.. feeling the nerves already ha!

I did aye I have it in a few days time.. feeling the nerves already ha!

me too no date as of yet though, best of luck and hope to see you in september :)

me too no date as of yet though, best of luck and hope to see you in september :)

Cheers, Same to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

FWIW, Competition Section have said that the panel created this year will remain valid throughout 2012 and 2013.

The failure rates of medicals are very high, whether in the case of Coll19 they reach almost 100% of the original panel I would not hold my breath but you never know, the current MONS is known to be very sticky when it comes to medicals .

For anyone that is shortlisted, all I can say is keep your training up, keep fit and keep your fingers crossed. I would also suggest that you do not rule out joining the NSR or RDF in the near future to show the next board that you tried to advance yourself if you are looking at reapplying in 2014. Nothing worse than interviewing someone that has done nothing to better themselves over the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Anyone still not hear from Rathmines ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Merchant10

Axelf0128 wrote: »

Yeah got my medical for the 13th August at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Merchant10 wrote: »
    Axelf0128 wrote: »

Yeah got my medical for the 13th August at 7am.

When did you get the email ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newbie2022

got mine 7am 13th august also got email at 1030 am

Any one get date for navy yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

newbie2022 wrote: »
    got mine 7am 13th august also got email at 1030 am

When did you have interview ?

28th july i think

28th july i think

i got same date and time as newbie

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭alan86

Any one get date for navy yet ?

ya i have mine at 7.30 on the 13th

alan86 wrote: »
    ya i have mine at 7.30 on the 13th

ill prob get mine tommorrow got the medical just no date as of yet

is it in cork ye ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Does anyone know how the numbering system for the panel works...?

If for example you've been told you're number 200 (for example), does your number stay 200 or does it decrease incrementally as you move up the list?
    I mean if someone higher up the list drops out do you become number 199....?

Also if someone is given the number 200, does that mean they are the 200th person on a panel that does not include the successful applicants or is everybody given a number?
    I mean if they are recruiting 170 people, does it mean that a person given number 171 is next in line for recruitment after the successful applicants or are they 171st in line...?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how the numbering system for the panel works...?

If for example you've been told you're number 200 (for example), does your number stay 200 or does it decrease incrementally as you move up the list?
    I mean if someone higher up the list drops out do you become number 199....?

Also if someone is given the number 200, does that mean they are the 200th person on a panel that does not include the successful applicants or is everybody given a number?
    I mean if they are recruiting 170 people, does it mean that a person given number 171 is next in line for recruitment after the successful applicants or are they 171st in line...?

theres a lot of confussion regarding this id say your best bet be to drop them an email or give them a call ?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭alan86

ill prob get mine tommorrow got the medical just no date as of yet

is it in cork ye ?

ya its in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

I didnt get email yet for eastern brigade :( its not looking good is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hjt

Anyone any idea how many are in for the first round of medicals in dftc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

Hello,anyone got the result from the dublin centre about ur interview and the date for the medical yet?
    I had my interview on the 25th but still no result yet,i don't know what to do because the medical started 2 days ago.
    thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnbyrne

Anyone get a email for medical from caghal Brugha today or were they only sending out yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Also did anyone get an e-mail saying they were unsuccessful.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

Does anybody know what a typical day in the DF consists of? Especially the training, wake up time and the amount of hours training? How fit will we need to be before training starts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

johnbyrne wrote: »
    Anyone get a email for medical from caghal Brugha today or were they only sending out yesterday

When did u have ur interview? and do you know people who got email yesterday? were they succesful or not? because i heared that those people get email first who are unsuccesful

Advertisement