Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnbyrne

zolinho wrote: »
    johnbyrne wrote: »
    Anyone get a email for medical from caghal Brugha today or were they only sending out yesterday

When did u have ur interview? and do you know people who got email yesterday? were they succesful or not? because i heared that those people get email first who are unsuccesful

Only seen people on here gettin medicals . I had interview on 20th July . I feel I did very well in interview and was very well prepared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

johnbyrne wrote: »
    Only seen people on here gettin medicals . I had interview on 20th July . I feel I did very well in interview and was very well prepared

I don't know anybody who got email from Cathal Brugha yet,on this site i just saw few people who got appointment for cork. For my interview I got email on the 18th, and the interview started on the 17th,so I got it one day later.But I also know people who got email for the interview on the 16th and on the 20th so I think we will get it soon.I hope we will get email saying that we were succesful and we can go to next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dublinhill16

I haven't heard anything yet either so I rang them, they said there's a bit of a delay so the medicals will go on further then as said in the first email they sent telling you the dates 6th-17th August. But they said everyone will be contacted in due course whether they were successful or not.

I haven't heard anything yet either so I rang them, they said there's a bit of a delay so the medicals will go on further then as said in the first email they sent telling you the dates 6th-17th August. But they said everyone will be contacted in due course whether they were successful or not.

(That's for the eastern barracks)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

I have heard of people who got email a few hours ago which said they were unsuccessful in the competition and to good luck with any future en-devours or something like that

I haven't received any email as of now so hopefully their emailing people who didn't get in first .
    And if you go back 2-3 pages i think 1-2 lads said they got email confirming they where successful in the interview and they would be contacted with a email informing them of the date and time and i am pretty sure it was for Cathal Brugha.

• Advertisement

Mop93 wrote: »
    I have heard of people who got email a few hours ago which said they were unsuccessful in the competition and to good luck with any future en-devours or something like that

I haven't received any email as of now so hopefully their emailing people who didn't get in first .
    And if you go back 2-3 pages i think 1-2 lads said they got email confirming they where successful in the interview and they would be contacted with a email informing them of the date and time and i am pretty sure it was for Cathal Brugha.

Haven't heard anything myself mate, hopefully your right think their keeping a few ppl having see how many pass the medical. I would think that the ppl that done very bad in the interview would have been been told already and there just trying to squeeze all the successful ones in. So basically what am saying is no news is good news, not hearing anything is better than hearing "hard luck"!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

anyone know the pass for the depth perception test for your eyes.

Haven't heard anything myself mate, hopefully your right think their keeping a few ppl having see how many pass the medical. I would think that the ppl that done very bad in the interview would have been been told already and there just trying to squeeze all the successful ones in. So basically what am saying is no news is good news, not hearing anything is better than hearing "hard luck"!

I just got mine,and its for the 22nd of august

Well done mate, best of luck with it! Hopefully I'll get good news soon!

Do they wait until they get your getting vetting back before they call you for a medical?

• Advertisement

Do they wait until they get your getting vetting back before they call you for a medical?
    No it takes 2 ta 3 weeks for the forms and with the amount being done maybe even more then 3 weeks .

can someone tell me if you failed the hearing or sight test would you be told then and there, or would they not tell you untill everyone hears back. do poeple get another chance say for hearing or if there eyesight was near pass would they be called in again. as i remember before they would bring you in again but with the numbers being so high would they just move on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nhoj88

Just got mine for 22nd of august, at 7.30am only problem is i hav 2 travel from dublin do you think i should email them and ask for a later time or would there be a problem??

Thank you for your attendance at interview with regard to General Service Recruitment to the Defence Forces 2012. I regret to inform you that you have not been successful in respect of the current intake of Recruits. A panel of candidates who were not successful in respect of the current intake is being formed. Your name will be placed on this panel and you may be contacted at a later date, should further recruitment to the Defence Forces be sanctioned.

What does this mean now for my chances of getting in?

nhoj88 wrote: »
    Just got mine for 22nd of august, at 7.30am only problem is i hav 2 travel from dublin do you think i should email them and ask for a later time or would there be a problem??

You can't do anything with it unfortunately.I had the same problem,I have a flight ticket on the 17th of August,at 21:00. I bought the ticket because as it was in the email what they sent,the medical is from 6-17th.So I thought I will be able to flight.But I am not,I called them if they could help me,but they told me it is very difficult to rearange the appointments.So you have to go for your time.But you can try to call them... but you will hear the same answer on the phone.
    By the way,I have appointment for the 22nd of august at 07:00am,so you will be next after me:D
    See you there

Thank you for your attendance at interview with regard to General Service Recruitment to the Defence Forces 2012. I regret to inform you that you have not been successful in respect of the current intake of Recruits. A panel of candidates who were not successful in respect of the current intake is being formed. Your name will be placed on this panel and you may be contacted at a later date, should further recruitment to the Defence Forces be sanctioned.

I am sorry to hear that you were unsuccesful.Your messeage:This means that if some people fails on the medical,you may get call in.I heard that few people fails on the medical because of the hearing test,or blood test,because many people using drugs now days... so they will kick out those people.I don't know if you have many chances,but never give up! try for the next time,always have a hope!

I am sorry to hear that you were unsuccesful.Your messeage:This means that if some people fails on the medical,you may get call in.I heard that few people fails on the medical because of the hearing test,or blood test,because many people using drugs now days... so they will kick out those people.I don't know if you have many chances,but never give up! try for the next time,always have a hope!

Thanks for that mate, yea it's a bit of a blow alright, but I'll keep the chin up. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nhoj88

nhoj88 wrote: »

You can't do anything with it unfortunately.I had the same problem,I have a flight ticket on the 17th of August,at 21:00. I bought the ticket because as it was in the email what they sent,the medical is from 6-17th.So I thought I will be able to flight.But I am not,I called them if they could help me,but they told me it is very difficult to rearange the appointments.So you have to go for your time.But you can try to call them... but you will hear the same answer on the phone.
    By the way,I have appointment for the 22nd of august at 07:00am,so you will be next after me:D
    See you there

Ha cool, see you there then so:) thanks for the info, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

I have mine for navy at 730am 23rd aug any one any idea if theres a launch ferry as early as this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Did anyone get an e-mail saying they were unsuccessful full stop rather than unsuccessful but placed on a panel....?

Any body no if you got a medical assuming you pass your more than likely through or have they called more for medicals than there is places

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

swimfast wrote: »
    I have mine for navy at 730am 23rd aug any one any idea if theres a launch ferry as early as this ?

No.

Out of interest, I'm just wondering what's the average age of the people being called up and out of those people how many had already been on the panel or have previously applied before this current campaign....?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

got mine yesterday for the 4th of september

anyone who got theres early wanna come on and give a run through from start to finish how it goes?

Do you mind me asking what age you are...?

I'm 22 and got one for 23rd yesterday I don't tink they picking the youngest

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

im 20 and its my first time applying.

i doubt age would be a consideration as long as your within the limit. the interveiw is based on points (highest points getting medicals) which are added to the points from the phycometric testing highest overall would be number 1 for example. this system doesnt leave room for points to be added or deducted for age/previous applications ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

got email for navy medical for the 23rd and just got email today saying they have to change it to 5th september any idea why this is ?

c-90 wrote: »
    im 20 and its my first time applying.

i doubt age would be a consideration as long as your within the limit. the interveiw is based on points (highest points getting medicals) which are added to the points from the phycometric testing highest overall would be number 1 for example. this system doesnt leave room for points to be added or deducted for age/previous applications ect.

where have you found this information from.

as i thought it was pass or fail like every thing else the interview is where it was determined, and the fitness test and psychometric test have no effect bar getting the candidate on to the next round.

anyone who done the medical alredy,can you tell me what is the colour blindness test made up of?
    is it only the ishihara thing,the dotted circle thing?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

anyone who done the medical alredy,can you tell me what is the colour blindness test made up of?
    is it only the ishihara thing,the dotted circle thing?
    thanks

Navy or Army?

Advertisement