Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shgjahsk

I'm sure you'll get the results both together, if not their prob won't be much of a gap between the two results. If thats not the case if you do get one and waiting on the other, prob ring the one your waiting for to ask them whats the situation with that one and tell them that you have already got one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Or just play one against the other.....!
    If the Navy offer you a position you can use this as leverage to try and squeeze a better package out of the Army or vice versa.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

If the Navy offer you a position you can use this as leverage to try and squeeze a better package out of the Army or vice versa.....

I think like the majority of people left in the competition at this stage, i'll just be grateful for a position in the DF regardless of the "package".

A better package? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

In the sacred words of the Virgin Mary, come again?

Hope your joking, if not I would love to be a fly on the wall when that conversation takes place with the competition section!

"I want a separate room, with my own waiter and dinner menu. I shall not be woken earlier than 1100, and I want a personal Massusse or else I'm going to the navy! "

• Advertisement

In the sacred words of the Virgin Mary, come again?

Hope your joking, if not I would love to be a fly on the wall when that conversation takes place with the competition section!

"I want a separate room, with my own waiter and dinner menu. I shall not be woken earlier than 1100, and I want a personal Massusse or else I'm going to the navy! "

I like your thinking, but clearly the way to go here is to ask for the direct entry course into the wing isn't it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

So you don't want a career in the DF? I'll let NS Manpower office know.

who is saying that people got emails, thats not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

Does anybody know the current situation with the Panel for the Navy or the Army?

I am currently on the Navy one, but I havent heard of anybody been called up from it yet. I heard that people on the Panel will be called up once the results are out, to fill the empty spaces.

So does anybody know what the story is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

Does anybody know the current situation with the Panel for the Navy or the Army?

I am currently on the Navy one, but I havent heard of anybody been called up from it yet. I heard that people on the Panel will be called up once the results are out, to fill the empty spaces.

id persume that is the case and you will then go into the last platoon which will be in nov, i know people will be called up beacuse 2 failed medicals day i was there.. Also you will get a few taking army offer instead of navy so id say maybe 30 ish will get called from panel just a guess someone else may be more informed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The results are not out so you can't be called at the moment.

When they are out and someone doesn't take up their offer of employment, the first person on the panel is offered the place. If another person drops out it goes to the next person on the panel etc etc

what number are you on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

For the Curragh, there were 640 interviews, 160 of them got medicals and there are 2 platoons going in. 40 in Sept and 40 in Nov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

ocnoc wrote: »
    For the Curragh, there were 640 interviews, 160 of them got medicals and there are 2 platoons going in. 40 in Sept and 40 in Nov.
    Do you know the numbers for dublin?

Anyone have news on the Southern front? definitely starting to lose the plot a bit waiting on these emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

I don't know the numbers for Dublin, but if you apply the same numbers to it you probably won't be too far off.
    Number of places x 8 for interviews
    Number of places x 2 for medicals

Having twice the number of bodies for medicals saves them going to the panel for getting extra bodies and waiting/wasting time waiting for bloods to come back and having people fail the bloods. By getting the top 120 done, they have enough for 2 platoons + medical failures.

Think about it, why would they go to a reserve panel if its going to take 1 week to get bloods done, if someone fails, that's 2 weeks minimum needed to fill one place - now they can just send an email.
    It is highly unlikely that 50% will fail medicals.

If your losing your cool now, things don't bode well if things are really heating up and you've being told to sit tight and wait.

Close the net and go off for a run.

The Navy will probably have a much bigger panel as they will also have to contend with people 'jumping ship' if they are subsequently offered an Army position, more so than the other way round.....

zolinho wrote: »
    ocnoc wrote: »
    Do you know the numbers for dublin?
    200 to medicals 110 places

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭RedWolfCQB

There is a chap saying that he got an e-mail for an offer for the Curragh Friday and had to accept it by 1600 today and 40 people got this e-mail for the first platoon going in on the 24th. Any truth to this and any idea when the platoon for November will be notified? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

I dont think anyone from dublin get an email yet,because the medical was 1-2 weeks more than day planed.as they planed the medical should be held from 6th to 17th of august,but there were some problem with the system and the medical started around 13th of august.my medical was on the 22nd of august... few people said that thay have medical even on the 4th of september(a few pages back) so i dont know what to do... But this continously waiting makes me crazy.all i can do is to call them and get some information.Do you have any idea whats going on with the dublin region...?

I dont think anyone from dublin get an email yet,because the medical was 1-2 weeks more than day planed.as they planed the medical should be held from 6th to 17th of august,but there were some problem with the system and the medical started around 13th of august.my medical was on the 22nd of august... few people said that thay have medical even on the 4th of september(a few pages back) so i dont know what to do... But this continously waiting makes me crazy.all i can do is to call them and get some information.Do you have any idea whats going on with the dublin region...?

Nobody I know for the southern brigade got an email either so it's impossible to know what's going on. All the emails sent out that i've heard of were for the Curragh but the update from the DF said that the majority of 200 applicants have been contacted so there has to have been some sent to other brigades for it to be fair like? Colour me confused. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MikeShiner

Nobody I know for the southern brigade got an email either so it's impossible to know what's going on. All the emails sent out that i've heard of were for the Curragh but the update from the DF said that the majority of 200 applicants have been contacted so there has to have been some sent to other brigades for it to be fair like? Colour me confused. :confused::confused:

Have you even received notice that you got through your medical? I did mine on 13th of August. Has anyone received notice.

MikeShiner wrote: »
    Have you even received notice that you got through your medical? I did mine on 13th of August. Has anyone received notice.

No, haven't heard a thing since I did my medical which was the first week in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bigus Dickus

apparently the people who did not get past the medical have been informed by phone call but the longer the wait i was told the better the news. i did my medical on the 21st of august and still waiting but at the same time kinda ****ting bricks too. altogether there taking on 600 isnt that right? so is that 300 for army and 300 for navy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MikeShiner

Seriously, they need to be informing us one way or the other it's an awful long wait and your doing nothing but worry about it. It's not much to ask to be told yes or no

so how many EXACTLY are beeing taken on in the DF army ??? i dont care about the navy 1 i didnt go for that

so how many EXACTLY are beeing taken on in the DF army ??? i dont care about the navy 1 i didnt go for that

480 Army 120 Navy

so the 200 that have been selected as of now have nothing to do with the people that are going from the dub region are they ? like the ppl who did there medical in bricins

• Advertisement

the longer the wait i was told the better the news

That's exactly what the lad I know was told, then two days later they sent him the 'Dear John' letter..... :rolleyes:

Not the fault of the Army I know, but the whole process has turned into a bit of a disaster from an organisation point of view. The Army reviewed its future man power requirements and were given the go ahead to recruit the numbers, then shortly after they embarked on the recruitment process the Department of Defence suddenly announced a restructuring of the whole organisation throwing the whole process into shambles.....

Advertisement