Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RamboSlice

Has anyone heard back from Southern Brigade saying that they were unsuccessful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

swimfast wrote: »
    what number are you on the panel

I'm number 18. I have heard that they are expecting at least 25% to either fail, drop out or go to the army instead. That's why I was wondering if anybody on the panel got called to do a medical yet.

I've emailed the Navy manpower office and the defence forces asking them about the situation but got no reply.

There is over 100 people on the Navy panel and there are 120 jobs. How many people where called up for the Navy medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

what number are you on the panel

I'm number 18. I have heard that they are expecting at least 25% to either fail, drop out or go to the army instead. That's why I was wondering if anybody on the panel got called to do a medical yet.

I've emailed the Navy manpower office and the defence forces asking them about the situation but got no reply.

There is over 100 people on the Navy panel and there are 120 jobs. How many people where called up for the Navy medical?
    Just the 120 to.medical

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shgjahsk

Did you get one saying that?

Anyone no when the Southern bbigade emails will be sent out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

MikeShiner wrote: »
    Have you even received notice that you got through your medical? I did mine on 13th of August. Has anyone received notice.

No, haven't heard a thing since I did my medical which was the first week in August.
    Ya on the day of my medical they told me i passed everything,and only have to wait for the blood result

Ya but you didn't get an email yet saying that you were successful or unsuccessfull

shgjahsk wrote: »
    Ya but you didn't get an email yet saying that you were successful or unsuccessfull
    no email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joesoap1991

Got my email today absolutely delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PDF101

Email for where? it wouldn't hurt if everyone put a bit more info into posts on this thread.. saves people asking the same questions over and over again.

• Advertisement

ya where for?

RamboSlice wrote: »

ya where for?
    And for what datę, september or november?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joeyd123

Has anyone from the west heard anything?? This is some nerve wrecking process I must say! best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

New recruits will be inducted into the Defence Forces between 24th of September and 19th of November with the first group of approximately 200 personnel to be inducted on the 24th of September. The majority of the applicants who will be joining the Defence Forces on 24th September have been contacted at this stage. In some cases, potential recruits have yet to be contacted. The administration concerning their applications is currently being finalised. It is envisaged that these applicants will be contacted in the coming days.

For any further information or queries please contact recruitment@defenceforces.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nhoj88

Has anybody heard of any news from the navy yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

nhoj88 wrote: »
    Has anybody heard of any news from the navy yet??

aye someone I know got an offer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dannylawrenson

Hi There,

Any advise please. I had my medical over a week ago for the Navy. I passed everything on the day and at the end I was asked if id had any injurys over the yrs and I told them of a shoulder injury from 2007. I was advised that I should go and see my doctor and get it checked out which I have done and I also got the hospital report printed off saying that it was a only a tissue injury. The Navy have now got this letter and hospital report as of today and im waiting on going back to see the Navy doctor again. Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation?
    I was hoping id get an email today with my new appointment im going out of my mind checking my email on the hour every hour

Hi There,

Any advise please. I had my medical over a week ago for the Navy. I passed everything on the day and at the end I was asked if id had any injurys over the yrs and I told them of a shoulder injury from 2007. I was advised that I should go and see my doctor and get it checked out which I have done and I also got the hospital report printed off saying that it was a only a tissue injury. The Navy have now got this letter and hospital report as of today and im waiting on going back to see the Navy doctor again. Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation?
    I was hoping id get an email today with my new appointment im going out of my mind checking my email on the hour every hour

My advice is to call them.they won't wait for you because there are many other people.Call the brigade where you applied for,and tell them your story and you will get your answer.
    here are the contact numbers: http://www.military.ie/contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dannylawrenson

Thanks for your message,

Yes I rang and was told they would set up another appointment for me but im still waiting.
    I actually rang again today and spoke to the person who passed on my doctors letter and hospital report.

I was just afraid that id blown my chances of getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

im going out of my mind checking my email on the hour every hour

Get a Blackberry and you'll have the e-mail the moment its sent.....:confused:

• Advertisement

Thanks for your message,

Yes I rang and was told they would set up another appointment for me but im still waiting.
    I actually rang again today and spoke to the person who passed on my doctors letter and hospital report.

I was just afraid that id blown my chances of getting in

That's good.best of luck!

I love when people give informations that is worth to nothing.
    1 page back a lad says: "Got my email today absolutely delighted"

But it was too hard to tell a bit more,for what brigade,eastern-south west or what?? and for what date is the starting date,sept 24 or later??
    Here are many people who is puzzled because we don't hear anything about our results... and here is somebody who has some information but doesn't tell the important parts...its a joke... why do people write something if they don't answer to the questions,and their information is neutral to others(us)?
    This informations was like when the weather prophet says there will be sunshine in one place and a little bit away will be rainfall,no exact weather report,people wants to know where-when-how long will be the sunshine and the rainfall lasts.same with this lad's information... where,when???:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

zolinho wrote: »

But it was too hard to tell a bit more,for what brigade,eastern-south west or what?? and for what date is the starting date,sept 24 or later??
    Here are many people who is puzzled because we don't hear anything about our results... and here is somebody who has some information but doesn't tell the important parts...its a joke... why do people write something if they don't answer to the questions,and their information is neutral to others(us)?
    This informations was like when the weather prophet says there will be sunshine in one place and a little bit away will be rainfall,no exact weather report,people wants to know where-when-how long will be the sunshine and the rainfall lasts.same with this lad's information... where,when???:confused::confused::confused:

Best thing to do is take every post here with a pinch of salt, don't read too much into anything. Who knows if they actually got an email and where/when it was for, just keep a look out for your own email and keep the fingers crossed! :D

Lots of people post absolute **** and to be honest some of the people I've seen posting on facebook if they make it into the df I'd be very worried because they are actually morons

RamboSlice wrote: »
    Lots of people post absolute **** and to be honest some of the people I've seen posting on facebook if they make it into the df I'd be very worried because they are actually morons
    True that

For example when the DF released a statement yesterday about the current progress of the competition and said Applicants will be contacted in the coming days, almost immediately comments started flooding in, "when will the emails be sent" One of the psychometric tests was Comprehending Instructions, F**k knows how they passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jimbob92345

One lad asked about joining the reserve ranger wing. Got a good laugh off that

One lad asked about joining the reserve ranger wing. Got a good laugh off that

Oh ye i showed my mate whos in the army that nearlly pissed himself laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

zolinho wrote: »

Best thing to do is take every post here with a pinch of salt, don't read too much into anything. Who knows if they actually got an email and where/when it was for, just keep a look out for your own email and keep the fingers crossed! :D

This!

I mean I got an email offering me the chief of staffs position, dunno if I'll go for it though, it's for the east, sure I couldn't be heading that far from home.

Think I'll just take the position in the wing they offered instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 jimbob92345

Oh ye i showed my mate whos in the army that nearlly pissed himself laughing

A solider replied to him , told him to collect the tokens off coco pops boxes and if he is lucky he will get picked to join.

Advertisement