Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

swimfast wrote: »
    Oh ye i showed my mate whos in the army that nearlly pissed himself laughing

A solider replied to him , told him to collect the tokens off coco pops boxes and if he is lucky he will get picked to join.
    Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Does anyone know if the Navy are planning to base any ships in Dublin....? :confused:

The lad I know got a phone call from the admiral today offering him a place in the Navy but he reckons Cork is a bit too far away from home for him.
    He also plays football at the weekend and was wondering how the Navy will affect this if he was at sea, would they 'pull in' at Dun Laoghaire and wait while he plays and then pick him up afterwards or would they just fly him home for the whole weekend?
    Also is the wages more for a submarine than an aircraft carrier....? :confused:

He doesn't know what to do but he has to make up his mind soon because he told the General he'd ring him back Friday to let him know if he was taking that spot in the Eastern Brigade he's been offered.....

PS: Don't believe all you read on here.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

This!

I mean I got an email offering me the chief of staffs position, dunno if I'll go for it though, it's for the east, sure I couldn't be heading that far from home.

Think I'll just take the position in the wing they offered instead!

You couldnt of, cos my mates brothers cousins aunts nephew got an email yesterday saying they arent taking any chiefs of staff till next week.
    The wing would be kewl tho. What fighting knife is best for someone who is gonna join da wing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

This!

I mean I got an email offering me the chief of staffs position, dunno if I'll go for it though, it's for the east, sure I couldn't be heading that far from home.

Think I'll just take the position in the wing they offered instead!

You couldnt of, cos my mates brothers cousins aunts nephew got an email yesterday saying they arent taking any chiefs of staff till next week.
    The wing would be kewl tho. What fighting knife is best for someone who is gonna join da wing?

Dey are always pulling jokes like that on me!

Has to be the butter knife, people don't suspect a thing, think you are just a man out buttering bread, then BAM! Butter all over your victim, then they have to go home and change, really ruins there day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I really wanna join the wing i'm unreal at call of duty on my xbox will this help me become a sniper??

Yeah I felt like joining in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bigus Dickus

some SERIOUS amount of reetards here :@ talking about butter and call of duty cop the fcuk on and talk about the subject. seriously if peolpe like you get in the army were all fcuked coz yous are little fairys.
    GET BACK TO THE SUBJECT!!!!!
    go to the butter section and the COD section if u want to talk about that childish craaapppp

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭RedWolfCQB

some SERIOUS amount of reetards here :@ talking about butter and call of duty cop the fcuk on and talk about the subject. seriously if peolpe like you get in the army were all fcuked coz yous are little fairys.
    go to the butter section and the COD section if u want to talk about that childish craaapppp

the funny thing is that they were being sarcastic also from seeing these guys posting here for a while I believe some are or were in the army! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

One lad asked about joining the reserve ranger wing. Got a good laugh off that

we paid him a visit last night, you wont be hearing from him again....

The Stranger Wing (RDF ARW)

Back on a serious note just got offered a place for army todAy i did my interview in cathal brugha barracks on 15th aug due to start in dundalk on 24th sept. Army is my second option as i want to go navy but have to accept or decline my offer by 12 tommorrow but havent heard back from navy any thoughts on what i should do cannot get through to navy manpower on the phone.
    I just dont want to be left with nothing as i really want a career in the defence force but preferably in the navy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

Back on a serious note just got offered a place for army todAy i did my interview in cathal brugha barracks on 15th aug due to start in dundalk on 24th sept. Army is my second option as i want to go navy but have to accept or decline my offer by 12 tommorrow but havent heard back from navy any thoughts on what i should do cannot get through to navy manpower on the phone.
    I just dont want to be left with nothing as i really want a career in the defence force but preferably in the navy

CONGRATS! :) accept it, you can pull out and take the Naval Service but you can't take the Army after the deadline has passed. It's not an ideal situation to have to pull out but it's better than being left with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Battlefield fan I see!

Well done swimfast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

Congrats!:D I think you should wait untill tommorrow morning,because today is too late to call the office.if you can't speak with nobody tommorrow untill 10:00-11:00 than accept it.I would do this if i were you.
    Can i ask something,because maybe i missunderstanding something? had your interview for the army on 15th of August in cathal brugha barracks? Is this right? because the interviews(army) for the cathal brugha was from 17th of July to the 30th of july. and the medical was from 13th of August(they planned to start the medical from the 6th,but there were some problem with the system and medical started 1week later).
    congrats again!:D

zolinho wrote: »

Congrats!:D I think you should wait untill tommorrow morning,because today is too late to call the office.if you can't speak with nobody tommorrow untill 10:00-11:00 than accept it.I would do this if i were you.
    Can i ask something,because maybe i missunderstanding something? had your interview for the army on 15th of August in cathal brugha barracks? Is this right? because the interviews(army) for the cathal brugha was from 17th of July to the 30th of july. and the medical was from 13th of August(they planned to start the medical from the 6th,but there were some problem with the system and medical started 1week later).
    Medical 15th

I did my medical at bricins on the 21st of august and just got back and email today saying i start on the 24th :D:D:D DELIGHTED, if anyone is still waiting the rest of the 1s i think are being sent out 2mo

I did my medical at bricins on the 21st of august and just got back and email today saying i start on the 24th :D:D:D DELIGHTED, if anyone is still waiting the rest of the 1s i think are being sent out 2mo
    Congratulations! :d. I did my medical on the 22nd at st bricins as well,hope will get my result tommorrow

Congratulations! :d. I did my medical on the 22nd at st bricins as well,hope will get my result tommorrow

thanks man :) no news is good news i didnt believe it till now bro..im sure u will gt it 2mo man if not ul get it for october or november man for sure i KNOW it.. pleaes god all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blogface

Arrive in smart civilian clothing.

4 x passport photos
    Tracksuit and Runners
    Training/running gear (plain white t-shirts)
    Swimming gear
    Towels
    Razor
    Toothbrush
    Shower gel, shaving foam, toothpaste, etc
    Black shoe polish and polish brushes
    Stationery
    o Pens
    o A4 notepads
    o 1 x Pocket sized notepad
    o 2 x A4 ring binders and dividers
    o Laundry marker

Any other equipment recruits may deem necessary

So, what do you reckon they mean by "Any other equipment recruits may deem necessary"

I rejected it my hearts not 100% in the army i want the navy more than.anything so just gonna hope for the best now.:/

blogface wrote: »
    Arrive in smart civilian clothing.

4 x passport photos
    Tracksuit and Runners
    Training/running gear (plain white t-shirts)
    Swimming gear
    Towels
    Razor
    Toothbrush
    Shower gel, shaving foam, toothpaste, etc
    Black shoe polish and polish brushes
    Stationery
    o Pens
    o A4 notepads
    o 1 x Pocket sized notepad
    o 2 x A4 ring binders and dividers
    o Laundry marker

Any other equipment recruits may deem necessary

So, what do you reckon they mean by "Any other equipment recruits may deem necessary"
    I dont know but persume you can bring phone/ laptop ?
    Some socks.etc might be a good idea too :P

• Advertisement

I rejected it my hearts not 100% in the army i want the navy more than.anything so just gonna hope for the best now.:/

I understand you... And it was a good decision,dont do something what you dont want to do if you have other opportunity.i am sure you will get the navy as well!

do you know anybody who got offer for the army,and had medical in st bricins after 22nd of august?

I understand you... And it was a good decision,dont do something what you dont want to do if you have other opportunity.i am sure you will get the navy as well!

do you know anybody who got offer for the army,and had medical in st bricins after 22nd of august?
    Not that i know of but i know theres another class starting 22oct

Thanks!

Well done to all that were accepted....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on this: I got my email after the interview saying that I was unsuccessful (only applied for the army) but that I have been placed on the panel, my question is has anyone on the panel heard anything back yet? I really hope they get back to me with a place as I'd put my heart and soul into this recruitment campaign and a carrier in the defense forces has been a life long dream of mine :) Anyways any help on the matter is much appreciated, thanks. :)

P.S A huge congrats to all how made the meds and are starting up soon, do us proud lads :D:D:D

still no email about my result...:confused::confused::confused:
    anyone know people who got offer for the plattoon that starts in oktober or november(army)? or were they just sending emails this week to those who start on 24th september?
    do you thing they would have been email me already if i were unsuccesful?
    its friday night,so they wont email me during the weekend... another 2 days to wait for it...

any news on the navy?:D

any news on the navy?:D
    Nothing as of yet but hoping ill.hear something next week

they should just send an email saying we were(weren't) succesful and they will notify us about the date when we have to go in.so we dont have to be nervous for a whole month almost... this much waiting is unhealthy...

• Advertisement

they should just send an email saying we were(weren't) succesful and they will notify us about the date when we have to go in.so we dont have to be nervous for a whole month almost... this much waiting is unhealthy...
    Im not as nsrvous now because got offered army this must mean bloods etc ok so.just have to wait for my offer now .. Cannot wait to begin training going to be great craic

Advertisement