Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zolinho

swimfast wrote: »
    Im not as nsrvous now because got offered army this must mean bloods etc ok so.just have to wait for my offer now .. Cannot wait to begin training going to be great craic

any thoughts on this?
    still no email about my result...confused.pngconfused.pngconfused.png
    anyone know people who got offer for the plattoon that starts in oktober or november(army)? or were they just sending emails this week to those who start on 24th september?
    do you thing they would have been email me already if i were unsuccesful?
    its friday night,so they wont email me during the weekend... another 2 days to wait for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

zolinho wrote: »
    Im not as nsrvous now because got offered army this must mean bloods etc ok so.just have to wait for my offer now .. Cannot wait to begin training going to be great craic

any thoughts on this?
    still no email about my result...confused.pngconfused.pngconfused.png
    anyone know people who got offer for the plattoon that starts in oktober or november(army)? or were they just sending emails this week to those who start on 24th september?
    do you thing they would have been email me already if i were unsuccesful?
    its friday night,so they wont email me during the weekend... another 2 days to wait for it...

after the interview,did you get the same email--->
    Further to your application for the 2012 General Service - Dublin Interview Centre Competition DETAILS OF STAGE 3 ARE GIVEN BELOW. The board will call approximately 85 candidates for Medical's. Please reply as soon as possible and confirm if you will be able to attend stage 3.

few people were saying they called in 200.
    I never got an email with numbers like that but they did call 200
    so far to my best knowledge its just 24th sept aplicants that were notified

I never got an email with numbers like that but they did call 200
    so far to my best knowledge its just 24th sept aplicants that were notified

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

Cork emails went out this evening, gutted I didn't get one. Really thought I had a good chance but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

Cork emails went out this evening, gutted I didn't get one. Really thought I had a good chance but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

dont give up so easily! only those going on the 24th got emails. theres still october and/november platoons to go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 RamboSlice

Swimfast where did you apply to for the Army? and has anybody heard of anyone or they themselves been told by cork that they were unsuccessful?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shgjahsk

I heard a few weeks ago that a lad was unsuccessfull for his medical

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shgjahsk

This is for whoever done medicals in Cork. Just because we didn't hear anything on Friday doesn't mean we won't hear anything next week. They prob only started sending out emails to people from Cork on Friday to start on the 24th so... Its good to be optimistic, no news is good news. A few people failed the medicals i think and the fact that you didn't hear anything so far is more than likely a good thing. We may even get an email next Wed or Thur saying we got it for the 24th and if we didn't there is always the Oct and Nov platoon so either way i think a good few of us will find out next week. So be positive we could have easily got the email saying we were unsuccessful at the interview or the medical so...

RamboSlice wrote: »
    Swimfast where did you apply to for the Army? and has anybody heard of anyone or they themselves been told by cork that they were unsuccessful?

cathal brugha rejected place so some lucky person got my place

Does anyone know anybody who got email,phone call or anything saying they were unsuccesful??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

does anybody know if/when people who were put on the panel will be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

I dont know but persume you can bring phone/ laptop ?
    Some socks.etc might be a good idea too :P

Do not bring a laptop with you.

The likes of spare civilian clothes, socks, jocks, an iron, stuff for washing clothes, a scrubbing brush etc. would be useful. Anything after that, you'll be told that it'd be in your best interest to buy certain things by the people training you.

pk998 wrote: »

prob for last platoon so novemberish or end of oct

John Mongo wrote: »
    Do not bring a laptop with you.

The likes of spare civilian clothes, socks, jocks, an iron, stuff for washing clothes, a scrubbing brush etc. would be useful. Anything after that, you'll be told that it'd be in your best interest to buy certain things by the people training you.

can you bring one after recruit training ?
    sorry if stupid q just wondering

Sure, once you're a fully trained soldier you can bring one everywhere.

However, during training you will have no need for a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Sure, once you're a fully trained soldier you can bring one everywhere.

Well not everywhere! The major wouldebt be pleased if you are out checking emails on parade! :P

Well not everywhere! The major wouldebt be pleased if you are out checking emails on parade! :P

That's what smart phones are for. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

Dont listen to the poster about the laptop, if you have one and want to take it then take it, as long as you only use it during your free time (evenings/week ends) then the training staff wont mind.

As what else to take that hasn't been mentioned is some padlocks for your wardrobe and dressing table, the guys in your platoon should be trustworthy but you never know who might be walking around your billets when you and the rest of the people are out doing something.

CIGANO wrote: »
    Dont listen to the poster about the laptop, if you have one and want to take it then take it, as long as you only use it during your free time (evenings/week ends) then the training staff wont mind.
    Cheers bud

CIGANO wrote: »

As what else to take that hasn't been mentioned is some padlocks for your wardrobe and dressing table, the guys in your platoon should be trustworthy but you never know who might be walking around your billets when you and the rest of the people are out doing something.
    Like small luggage ones ? Anything else i should bring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

It would be in your best interest not to bring your laptop. Your laptop may accidentally be broken during locker inspections etc. If you do bring the laptop........DO NOT bring an internet dongle.

You will have "free time" but tbh, use it for your own personal admin or studying.

benwavner wrote: »
    You will have "free time" but tbh, use it for your own personal admin or studying.

This.

If you have time enough to get on a laptop, something is quite wrong. You're going to be upto your tits with studying, details, getting kit ready for the morning, beastings etc. to be fluting about on a laptop.

You'll have a phone, that's all you'll need. There is ZERO need for a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

If they don't bring a laptop how are they going to keep us posted with how they are getting on in there...?

If they don't bring a laptop how are they going to keep us posted with how they are getting on in there...?

Just watch what happens if they start posting on here about their training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

pk998 wrote: »

Did you get a number?

I heard people on the Army panel didn't get a number, but people on the Navy panel did.

I got my number, and Im still checking my email's everyday hoping I get called for a medical soon.

Its frustrating how slow the whole process is so far, but don't give up because people on the panel will get called up. Hopefully we get lucky enough to be them.

The chances are that the majority of the last platoon's will be called up from the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RamboSlice

The chances are that the majority of the last platoon's will be called up from the panel

I strongly doubt it, they called more than they needed through to medicals, once they have filled all the places there will be an excess number of candidates that passed the medical but did not get a place, these will be taken on before the panel.

benwavner wrote: »

This.

If you have time enough to get on a laptop, something is quite wrong. You're going to be upto your tits with studying, details, getting kit ready for the morning, beastings etc. to be fluting about on a laptop.

You'll have a phone, that's all you'll need. There is ZERO need for a laptop.
    Think.ill leave it at home so.. Any other useful things to.bring to navy recruit training ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

Like small luggage ones ? Anything else i should bring

They would be ideal, take spare keys for them, keep one on yourself and give one to one of the guys in your room dont keep them both on the same keyring because if you lose both it will be a handling getting a set of bolt cutters of one of the nco's. As for what else to take, as far as I know you aren't allowed home during the 4 months recruit training (but between us they will allow you home at Christmas and if your platoon puts the effort in then it is at the discretion of the Lieutenant in charge to let you home for the odd weekend but just in case you aren't, take anything that you cant live 4 months without). As for the laptops benwaver and john mongo are right in saying you wont have time to use them but that will only be for the first month or so, you will get more free time as training progresses. There is an internet policy in the DF and yous will be told about this when you start but my advice would be stay away from boards.ie during recruit training (no updates) and dont be on going on your facebook bitching about you training nco's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Think.ill leave it at home so.. Any other useful things to.bring to navy recruit training ?

Ah Navy Recruit Training, sorry cant help you there. Army here.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

+1 on staying away from the Internet during training. A world of sh/t if anyone is found to be bitching or revealing too much online. They do check so don't chance it

Advertisement