Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

They have already been reading this thread regularly and will be looking forward to meeting swimfast, I was informed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

They have already been reading this thread regularly and will be looking forward to meeting swimfast, I was informed today.
    Why would they be looking forward to meeting me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

swimfast wrote: »

Y'know.........to see how fast you actually swim :P

benwavner wrote: »

Y'know.........to see how fast you actually swim :P
    Ohri haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joeyd123

John Mongo wrote: »
    benwavner wrote: »
    You will have "free time" but tbh, use it for your own personal admin or studying.

This.

If you have time enough to get on a laptop, something is quite wrong. You're going to be upto your tits with studying, details, getting kit ready for the morning, beastings etc. to be fluting about on a laptop.

You'll have a phone, that's all you'll need. There is ZERO need for a laptop.
    Think.ill leave it at home so.. Any other useful things to.bring to navy recruit training ?

Bring a sleeping bag and when going to sleep just sleep on your bed. Saves you tones of time making your bed in the morning. An extra iron is always handy aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

And a GHD.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RamboSlice

This will sound weird but bring a pair of womens tights, best thing for getting the shine right up after polishing your boots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Tights or stockings....? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Tights or stockings....? :confused:

Depends what you look better in! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

prob for last platoon so novemberish or end of oct

Cheers for the reply swimfast :) I really hope they get back to me with a place for me I'd be over the moon of they got back to me with a spot :D

• Advertisement

pk998 wrote: »
    prob for last platoon so novemberish or end of oct

Cheers for the reply swimfast :) I really hope they get back to me with a place for me I'd be over the moon of they got back to me with a spot :D
    No bothers

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

Has anyone heard anything back from Athlone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mayo89

Iv done my medical on the 24th August in Athlone, everything was 100% on day just waiting on bloods/urine. Still no contact since that date, anyone kno what's going on for the western recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joeyd123

mayo89 wrote: »
    Iv done my medical on the 24th August in Athlone, everything was 100% on day just waiting on bloods/urine. Still no contact since that date, anyone kno what's going on for the western recruitment?

Heard one or to lads told they didnt get it but I haven't heard anyone getting a confirmation. I'm waiting myself on results aswell as I lad I know in the Rdf from athlone

I emailed recruitment last Wednesday and they got back saying that I should recieve an email in the coming days. But it's nearly a week now. Must not be taking any in fOr the 24th from Athlone.?? I herd roumours that it's 40 places Galway , 70 Athlone, but because of the restructure Galway is now in the southern brigade so if u want Galway you might have to train in cork, cork have received emails already so this must be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

I emailed recruitment last Wednesday and they got back saying that I should recieve an email in the coming days. But it's nearly a week now. Must not be taking any in fOr the 24th from Athlone.?? I herd roumours that it's 40 places Galway , 70 Athlone, but because of the restructure Galway is now in the southern brigade so if u want Galway you might have to train in cork, cork have received emails already so this must be wrong.

I know for a fact that 2 platoons are going to Donegal (Finner camp) but they wont be starting til mid November due to the fact that the guys who are going overseas are using all the accommodation in Finner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

My buddy has done both navy and army medical in cork early August and has heard nothing so far....No news is good news lets hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Merchant10

Anyone else who got accepted for a place in the Eastern, or anywhere else, get an email with another questionnaire in it? If so, any idea what its for? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

Merchant10 wrote: »
    Anyone else who got accepted for a place in the Eastern, or anywhere else, get an email with another questionnaire in it? If so, any idea what its for? Cheers.

when did you get an email about you were succesful? and what date do you start,24th sept?

same for me... sent them email last week and got the same answer...(eastern brigade)

• Advertisement

anyone know when are they sending emails for the plattoon that starts in october? anyone know somebody who got email about he was unsuccesful?
    what do you think about the rumour that people who failed got phone calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Merchant10

qwertzuio wrote: »

when did you get an email about you were succesful? and what date do you start,24th sept?

On thursday. Yeah i start 24th. Dunno what the story is with this personnality questionnaire though. Dunno if it can go against me or anything. Did you get one?

On thursday. Yeah i start 24th. Dunno what the story is with this personnality questionnaire though. Dunno if it can go against me or anything. Did you get one?

no,i got one only at the start of this competition... in april.and I am still waiting on my result.had my medical in bricin's on 22nd of august.can you tell me when did you have medical?

same for me... sent them email last week and got the same answer...(eastern brigade)

When did u do ur medical?

CIGANO wrote: »

I know for a fact that 2 platoons are going to Donegal (Finner camp) but they wont be starting til mid November due to the fact that the guys who are going overseas are using all the accommodation in Finner.

How do u kno it's fact man? And if it is does the person that told u that kno when they gonna let us kno if we were successful? Dunno if there any point emailing them again, prob jus say "in the coming days " again!

When did u do ur medical?

22nd august

I did mine on the 9th of august in cork and still nothing back!

RamboSlice wrote: »
    I did mine on the 9th of august in cork and still nothing back!

You Wud think they would let us no! 9 of aug was ages ago! If there holding out till mid/late October for next batch then il go crazy checking emails!!

Me too, I'm going crazy as it is!

• Advertisement

What sorta qs are on it ?

Advertisement