Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Just the usual....

What type of pillow do you prefer...?
    (a) Hard
    (b) Medium
    (c) Soft

What type of bed linen will you require...?
    (a) Duvet
    (b) Egyptian cotton Sheets
    (c) No thanks, I sleep 'au naturel'

What time do you like to be called...?
    (a) Before ten
    (b) After ten
    (c) Depends how late I've been out the night before

How do you like your eggs in the morning
    (a) Fried
    (b) Boiled
    (c) Unfertilised

Its all about making sure you enjoy your stay....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

should we not get an email already if we were unsuccesful?? and they are sorting the dates out for the succesfull candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mayo89

qwertzuio wrote: »
    should we not get an email already if we were unsuccesful?? and they are sorting the dates out for the succesfull candidates?

Thats what I don't kno? Has anybody from Athlone herd they didn't make it, or eastern / southern brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joeyd123

mayo89 wrote: »

Thats what I don't kno? Has anybody from Athlone herd they didn't make it, or eastern / southern brigade?

No havnt heard anything yet??

Joeyd123 wrote: »

I need to get my result soon,because i just finished leaving cert and i applied for a college as well and have to accept or reject a płace soon... Army is my first chooice,but when i heard 10500 applied for 500 places,i had to have a second plane as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Joeyd123 wrote: »

I need to get my result soon,because i just finished leaving cert and i applied for a college as well and have to accept or reject a płace soon... Army is my first chooice,but when i heard 10500 applied for 500 places,i had to have a second plane as well.

Just accept the college place, then if army comes up leave college. Your not legally tied to the college.

Army is my first chooice,but when i heard 10500 applied for 500 places,i had to have a second plane as well.

In that case you might be interested to hear that the Air Corps are about to start recruiting (approx 20) apprentices.....

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

anyone know if the air corps will be taking on recruits for general service soon?

anyone know if the air corps will be taking on recruits for general service soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

I am just wondering what everyone else is thinking. A new recruit update has gone up and those who are still waiting for word will not find out till the start of october. I think it is a bit of a farce. I dont see why it should be taking this long to inform poeple of how there application is going. you would feel sorry for those who are putting there lives on hold for this, but they have no choice

• Advertisement

beco2010 wrote: »
    I am just wondering what everyone else is thinking. A new recruit update has gone up and those who are still waiting for word will not find out till the start of october. I think it is a bit of a farce. I dont see why it should be taking this long to inform poeple of how there application is going. you would feel sorry for those who are putting there lives on hold for this, but they have no choice
    Untill october?????

Untill october?????
    Where did you find this information?

Where did you find this information?
    its on the PDF facebook page under recruit update has only been put up a while.

Yeah,i got it....

200 new Recruits will be inducted into the Defence Forces during week commencing Monday 24 September, in Cork, Kilkenny, Dundalk, The Curragh and Haulbowline (Naval Service). Following on from this, a second group will be inducted into the Defence Forces on 22 October. Administrative arrangements for the induction of the second group (22 Oct) are currently being finalised and successful applicants will be contacted in early October. Should applicants have any specific queries regarding their application they are advised to contact recruitment@defenceforces.ie or the interview centre where they applied to. The interview centre can be contacted by following the link on www.military.ie/army/want-to-find-out-mor

i have a smart phone and was holding in my hand all day since 3 weeks every day,to see when i get email... 2 more weeks to wait at least... i hope it will worth it,i will be very disappointed if i will not get a place,this is what i really want,sometimes i can't even sleep because of waiting for the email,and nervous.i hope everything goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joeyd123

Yeah,i got it....

200 new Recruits will be inducted into the Defence Forces during week commencing Monday 24 September, in Cork, Kilkenny, Dundalk, The Curragh and Haulbowline (Naval Service). Following on from this, a second group will be inducted into the Defence Forces on 22 October. Administrative arrangements for the induction of the second group (22 Oct) are currently being finalised and successful applicants will be contacted in early October. Should applicants have any specific queries regarding their application they are advised to contact recruitment@defenceforces.ie or the interview centre where they applied to. The interview centre can be contacted by following the link on www.military.ie/army/want-to-find-out-mor

i have a smart phone and was holding in my hand all day since 3 weeks every day,to see when i get email... 2 more weeks to wait at least... i hope it will worth it,i will be very disappointed if i will not get a place,this is what i really want,sometimes i can't even sleep because of waiting for the email,and nervous.i hope everything goes well.

I know the feeling, I forget what proper sleep feels like. Still do at least we have some legit info to go on. All the best to those accepted and best of luck lads and lady's in the same boat as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

Yeah,i got it....

Bear in mind you might only get word in early October if you are in the second phase (October 22), you could be waiting to early November if you are one of the 200 people who will be entering in the third phase (November 19).

any of us on the panel likely to be in with a chance for the november platoons or am i clutching at straws ha

any of us on the panel likely to be in with a chance for the november platoons or am i clutching at straws ha
    Have u done ur medical ? Or you were put on the panel after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

Unlikely because they did more medicals than they needed so it will be those people who will get in before the people on the panel, but you never know the government might allow the DF to take in more recruits in the new year and then you would have a good chance.

no didnt get a medical just the run of the mill your name will be placed on a panel email.. hopefully ill get something from them just have t keep the training up.. thanks for the replies lads

• Advertisement

no didnt get a medical just the run of the mill your name will be placed on a panel email.. hopefully ill get something from them just have t keep the training up.. thanks for the replies lads
    Yeah...thats a bit of bad news for you... As CIGANO said they called more people for the medical than there are places,i think too you will have chance in the next competition.

ya thing is im 22 so fingers crossed their will be another competition before im too old.. i asked this a while back but does any of yas know if the air corps has any plans for a platoon or two in the next while

It really has been a farce from start to finish (whenever that is), I heard recently of several guys who were left having to decide between waiting for the DF to get back to them to offer them a place or accept a college place, in the end they simply gave up and accepted the college courses......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

It really has been a farce from start to finish (whenever that is), I heard recently of several guys who were left having to decide between waiting for the DF to get back to them to offer them a place or accept a college place, in the end they simply gave up and accepted the college courses......
    No way i just defered for a year thats what ppl shoulda done

swimfast wrote: »
    then that would be a wasted year for them if they didnt start there course and dont get into the army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

swimfast wrote: »
    then that would be a wasted year for them if they didnt start there course and dont get into the army.
    Suppose so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

You can leave a course/defer up until the end of October and be entitled to a full refund of the registration/capitation fee and it will not affect you in any way if you decide to do another undergraduate course later on down the line, or start that course again if you were granted a deferral. So those who accepted courses actually have until the end of October before any big decisions with consequences have to be made. People should check out the Higher Education Authority website before panicking about college courses.

They weren't panicking, they were just fed up with being strung along.....

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

strung along? the army have posted regular updates and even gave a timeline at the start of the comp. by the time it got to medicals up to now and well into october people can attend college and drop out if they get a place.

if the pressure of checking emails regularly is too much for some then maybe its better they didnt continue just incase they did get a position in a recruit platoon.

"hurry up and wait".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

They weren't panicking, they were just fed up with being strung along.....

Anyone getting fed up of being strung along is in for a huge shock once they actually begin serving in the defence forces. You work to their schedule, they don't work to yours. It's worth getting used to it from the outset.

Advertisement