Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dannylawrenson

18, id say that up to 30 are garunteed to get called up from the panel for the Navy. How do they check them?

Its very hard to figure out mate. I was number 5 on the panel for the Navy and had my medical 3wks ago. Was declared fit but am still waiting to hear if iv been excepted in. Demented from checking emails every day, its got to the stage now that im must look at my emails at least ten times a day. It would be great if we knew how they are working out the numbers and how many have failed or jump ship etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

Its very hard to figure out mate. I was number 5 on the panel for the Navy and had my medical 3wks ago. Was declared fit but am still waiting to hear if iv been excepted in. Demented from checking emails every day, its got to the stage now that im must look at my emails at least ten times a day. It would be great if we knew how they are working out the numbers and how many have failed or jump ship etc

Your in then id say. I was checking my emails at least 3 or 4 times an hour waiting. As long as your tests come back you will be accepted. I'd love to be in your position, at least your declared fit. I still have to go through it. If you don't get in October, then definitely November.

Don't worry man

Your in then id say. I was checking my emails at least 3 or 4 times an hour waiting. As long as your tests come back you will be accepted. I'd love to be in your position, at least your declared fit. I still have to go through it. If you don't get in October, then definitely November.

Don't worry man

I hope your right. Who knows tho they may not take in any from the panel, a hell of alot would have had to fail or drop out. Best of luck to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

Did anyone from the army panel get called in for medicall?

Does anybody know about how many people failed on the medical? (eastern )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

qwertzuio wrote: »
    Does anybody know about how many people failed on the medical? (eastern )
    Well day i was there 2 failed there was 12 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Alright lads.The buddy got called today for the navy for the end of October.He wasn't on a panel....I hope anyone who is waiting gets word soon.I think he wants the army though

ya thing is im 22 so fingers crossed their will be another competition before im too old.. i asked this a while back but does any of yas know if the air corps has any plans for a platoon or two in the next while

yes,you can apply untill 21.october. http://www.military.ie/

The Air Corps is now accepting applications for Apprentice Military Aircraft Technicians who will become an integral part of the Air Corps maintenance team providing technical support to the Air Corps fleet.

but the only problem is that the age limit is 21 :/ 23 if you are in the defence force ałready.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Seen that today got excited and then see the age limit ha.. Im just gonna have to wait for the panel to start being used or a new competition.. Anyone hear anything about panel numbers for the army i know the navy have numbers and some have been contacted from this panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

shezer wrote: »
    Alright lads.The buddy got called today for the navy for the end of October.He wasn't on a panel....I hope anyone who is waiting gets word soon.I think he wants the army though

Same with a buddy of mine as well. After the interview he got an email saying he was unsuccessful and today he just got an email saying that his medical is next week. :confused:

(This is an Army email though, not Navy)

• Advertisement

The army should just release a statement telling us whats what theirs some ridiculous rumours goin around about platoons and panels which are worrying some people.. The newest i hear is that the army panel has been cleared and no longer exists.. One lad on DF facebook page claims the army sent him this ages ago by email

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The army should just release a statement telling us whats what theirs some ridiculous rumours goin around about platoons and panels which are worrying some people.. The newest i hear is that the army panel has been cleared and no longer exists.. One lad on DF facebook page claims the army sent him this ages ago by email

Just don't believe anything you hear from anyone other than the DF po.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mayo89

hi lads and ladies, has anyone from athlone heard anything back yet, and if anyone has heard anything from anywhere in the country about the october 22nd start date, any feedback would be great!!

mayo89 wrote: »
    hi lads and ladies, has anyone from athlone heard anything back yet, and if anyone has heard anything from anywhere in the country about the october 22nd start date, any feedback would be great!!
    They will send email this week to those who are in for october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

mayo89 wrote: »
    I got my email last werk to start 22 oct (navy)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

Hello all, just wondering did anyone hear any news on the panel? (army)

pk998 wrote: »
    Hello all, just wondering did anyone hear any news on the panel? (army)
    Heard rumours of a few getting called even heard a rumour of a lad who didnt even get on the panel being called but thats just what they are.. Rumours. I thnk after the new year the panel could be called on they gave more medicals than their was places so if anyone drops out someone who got a medical but didnt get called takes their place. Also i read in a paper last week that the DF was under strength taking this into account + retirements and people leaving because they are messed about due to the reorginisation i reckon the panel will be needed

Waiting on the Navy...... I was 5th on the panel and had my medical four weeks ago and was delared fit. I still havent heard anything tho.

Is there anyone else out there that was number 1-10 on the panel that is in the same boat, that had their medical are still waiting ? I know the Navy are notifying people for the 22nd Oct at the moment and im guessing that maybe the successful ones from the panel will prob go in the November batch what do you think??
    Any feedback would be appreciated...

Waiting on the Navy...... I was 5th on the panel and had my medical four weeks ago and was delared fit. I still havent heard anything tho.

Is there anyone else out there that was number 1-10 on the panel that is in the same boat, that had their medical are still waiting ? I know the Navy are notifying people for the 22nd Oct at the moment and im guessing that maybe the successful ones from the panel will prob go in the November batch what do you think??

I saw on facebook that a few people got offers for November 19th. You will get news soon

I saw on facebook that a few people got offers for November 19th. You will get news soon

Really... So those that got offers for November do you know if they were on the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

While you're all waiting, for those who are planning on serving, or haved served in the NS, this film is entertaining. An oldie but a Goldie :

MV5BMjAxMjgyMDc2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTgwMzE5._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

Really... So those that got offers for November do you know if they were on the panel?

I don't think so, but if they are contacting people this week you will hear. People off the panel will be in the last platoon anyway

Did they get it for the army or navy? Thanks

We are talking about the Navy bud. You still waiting too

We are talking about the Navy bud. You still waiting too
    Waiting for the army.

Waiting for the army.

Its some dose not knowing hope you hear something soon

Heard rumours of a few getting called even heard a rumour of a lad who didnt even get on the panel being called but thats just what they are.. Rumours. I thnk after the new year the panel could be called on they gave more medicals than their was places so if anyone drops out someone who got a medical but didnt get called takes their place. Also i read in a paper last week that the DF was under strength taking this into account + retirements and people leaving because they are messed about due to the reorginisation i reckon the panel will be needed

Yea it seems to be looking like the new year for the panel, I don't really mind thou only a couple of months more waiting I suppose :)

couple of months is forever when your the most impatient man in the world like myself ha.. Just need t step the training up its gone to the dogs since i got the email

couple of months is forever when your the most impatient man in the world like myself ha.. Just need t step the training up its gone to the dogs since i got the email

Aww stop man I know the feeling, I trained my arse of the pt's, soon as I got the email the fitness went to sh*t haha, I rejoined my gym thou soon bring on the training again :D put of the panel gets called up for the new year does that mean that we have to go through all the competition again? or do we go straight to the medicals? I think we that we will just go straight to the medicals, I think it would be a little unfair if we on the panel had go though the whole process again, fingers crossed for the new year thou :) (and yes to be honest a couple of months is a LONG time for my dream to come true haha)

• Advertisement

pk998 wrote: »

Aww stop man I know the feeling, I trained my arse of the pt's, soon as I got the email the fitness went to sh*t haha, I rejoined my gym thou soon bring on the training again :D put of the panel gets called up for the new year does that mean that we have to go through all the competition again? or do we go straight to the medicals? I think we that we will just go straight to the medicals, I think it would be a little unfair if we on the panel had go though the whole process again, fingers crossed for the new year thou :) (and yes to be honest a couple of months is a LONG time for my dream to come true haha)
    Id assume we would need to pass the
    fitness again as they wouldnt take on unfit recruits then medicals.. Im hopeful we will get somethin its just a waitin game

Advertisement