Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Romagnola

hi all, I have been offered a position in the Navy for next month. I am 17 , sitting Leaving Cert in June 2013. Tough decision , I really want the Navy but I want to progress within it , do courses and potentially become an Officer or do apprenticeship. Will not having the Leaving hold me back. I applied this year as who knows when they will recruit again. Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Contact the recruitment office and explain your situation im sure they will guide you in the right direction.. I know the army sent a friend of mine back to do his leaving cert a few yrs back as he needed it for a course or something.. The only advice you can really trust is from the naval service themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joeyd123

Has anyone who did the medical in athlone for the army heard anything back. Any replys would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mayo89

Joeyd123 wrote: »
    Has anyone who did the medical in athlone for the army heard anything back. Any replys would be appreciated
    Did my medical in athlone on 24/8, no contact since then, emailed nd no reply, seen on Facebook one lad said he called and they apparently said we will find out on the 26th of this month to start on the 19/ nov..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joeyd123

mayo89 wrote: »
    Joeyd123 wrote: »
    Did my medical in athlone on 24/8, no contact since then, emailed nd no reply, seen on Facebook one lad said he called and they apparently said we will find out on the 26th of this month to start on the 19/ nov..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Alright lads.My buddy got the email for the army as well today...he is in cork.He would like to know what do people think he should take (Army or Navy)?He is hoping to go the Guards some time in the future.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

He would like to know what do people think he should take (Army or Navy)?

:confused::confused:

Should we take a straw poll or something...? When does he need to let them know....? :confused:

He would like to know what do people think he should take (Army or Navy)?

:confused::confused:

Should we take a straw poll or something...? When does he need to let them know....? :confused:
    Did he apply for the laugh? If he didnt he would know which one he wanted and which was the fall back.. If he wants t stay in cork the navy

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

Did anyone from dublin got an email yet for the army 22nd october?

Ha ha.I warned him of replies like this.He is staying with the navy.Rejected army today

• Advertisement

shezer wrote: »
    Ha ha.I warned him of replies like this.He is staying with the navy.Rejected army today
    Good on him ha free up a spot for someone who wants the army.. Best of luck to ur friend

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mayo89

Alright lads, email for the athlone interview centre sent out after 4 today, delighted I got a spot and start training in either athlone 19/nov, finner 21/nov, or Galway 23/nov. best of luck to all who are still waiting!

Is there any news from cathal brugha???

Anyone got any info on the panel? Will their be more recruitment next year for us to get our shot

qwertzuio wrote: »
    Is there any news from cathal brugha???
    I heard everyone will hear by the 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

Anyone still waiting for the navy or has everyone heard by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

DVPJC88 wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting for the navy or has everyone heard by now?

Not all places for the November platoon have been filled yet. I did my medical on Tuesday with nine others, and there were 10 more doing medicals on Wednesday.

I assume once all the results are back then everybody will be informed. I was told that everybody will find out by October 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭a/tel

Not all places for the November platoon have been filled yet. I did my medical on Tuesday with nine others, and there were 10 more doing medicals on Wednesday.

I assume once all the results are back then everybody will be informed. I was told that everybody will find out by October 26th

No platoons in the NS lad.

Classes only

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

ok, thanks for the reply. do yo think if was unsuccessful i would have heard by now? did the medical start of September.

ok, thanks for the reply. do yo think if was unsuccessful i would have heard by now? did the medical start of September.

I don't think you would know if you were unsuccessful.i did my medical in mid august and still heared nothing,i applied for dublin,if anybody knows anybody who got email for 22nd october(army) for dublin please reply.thanks

• Advertisement

I don't think you would know if you were unsuccessful.i did my medical in mid august and still heared nothing,i applied for dublin,if anybody knows anybody who got email for 22nd october(army) for dublin please reply.thanks
    Some have been told they were unsuccesful due to bloods or vetting so if you havent heard your still in it

Some have been told they were unsuccesful due to bloods or vetting so if you havent heard your still in it
    Thanks!

The word on the street is that nine or ten people who started training have already dropped out and are being replaced in twos or threes....

25% of the first platoon in the curragh dropped out so far der being replaced by people who done medicals.. Hopefully some of the panel get a shot too

Is that a normal drop out rate?That seems very high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Pretty normal after the first week.
    Some prefer to stay home with mummy.

Well i hope all those lads and lassies waiting get a call.I could understand getting injured or something but after one week like.

Its an amazing statistic really, its just a pity the selection process couldn't have weeded out these people, just reading here you can see people who genuinely want this more than anything, its just a shame the interview process didn't identify the people with the genuine interest and see through the people who were unlikely to last the distance. 25% is a shocking statistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

shezer wrote: »
    Well i hope all those lads and lassies waiting get a call.I could understand getting injured or something but after one week like.

Amazing how many of these failures will go back home to mommy and spend the remainder of their lives wondering what could have been, while lying to their mates that it wasn't hard enough for them.

• Advertisement

Id bite their hands off for a place.. 25% is ten lads have a feeling it might end up more the psychometric test placed most of the people who got the army high up in the order of merit but the test wasnt specific to the army at all .. the whole process was flawed from the start.also i heard of a few army brats who didnt make it to the psychometric test but magically got an interview

Advertisement