Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

also i heard of a few army brats who didnt make it to the psychometric test but magically got an interview

I'm calling BS on this one right away. The Psychometric tests were run by the public appointments service who are independent of the Defence Forces/Department of Defence and anyone who didn't make the grade or show up was stuck off and did not make it to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I agree, the Psych tests would be hard to tamper with, if there were any nepotism it would probably be at the interview stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Im telling yas the truth lads a lad from the curragh i know didnt get a psychometric test was going mad cos he passed the fitness.. Now he didnt sit the psychometric but got a interview his dad is an officer. Anyways believe if yas want.. Also i got word on my medical today lads on de 22nd of october hope yas get word

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

Im telling yas the truth lads a lad from the curragh i know didnt get a psychometric test was going mad cos he passed the fitness.. Now he didnt sit the psychometric but got a interview his dad is an officer. Anyways believe if yas want.. Also i got word on my medical today lads on de 22nd of october hope yas get word[/Quote
    Gratulation! Where did u apply?

The curragh im delighted my impatience was startin to bug me ha

• Advertisement

The curragh im delighted my impatience was startin to bug me ha

its good for you.i hope i will get some email very soon too.had my medical on 22nd august and still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its funny,because many people from curragh got called in,but there is no word about cathal brugha:mad::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nhoj88

Any info on the latest number called up from the navy reserve panel lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

nhoj88 wrote: »
    Any info on the latest number called up from the navy reserve panel lads??

Don't know either man, I'm waiting on a word for the army panel 25% of the new lads dropped out in the first week so hopefully the people on the panel will get a shot :)

Im on the army panel have my medical monday a few others too so its starting to be used man.. Keep the fingers crossed:-)

qwertzuio wrote: »

its good for you.i hope i will get some email very soon too.had my medical on 22nd august and still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its funny,because many people from curragh got called in,but there is no word about cathal brugha:mad::confused::confused:
    U apply to the curragh? Im sure ul hear soon enough like some were only hearing a week or two before they started

• Advertisement

Are they still calling people for medicals at this stage...?

I thought they'd called extra people for medicals at the beginning to back fill when people dropped out like this. Have all those extra people who had their medicals now been called up...?

U apply to the curragh? Im sure ul hear soon enough like some were only hearing a week or two before they started
    No,to cathal brugha.on the defence forces fb page there are many other people who applied to cathal brugha,and we cant call them,we also sent them email but they havent replied to anybody

I assume they have been used or maybe their calling up lads to replace dropouts for the next platoon you have to consider that some of the extras which were called up may have failed their medical or garda vetting so their wouldnt have been as many people left

qwertzuio wrote: »
    No,to cathal brugha.on the defence forces fb page there are many other people who applied to cathal brugha,and we cant call them,we also sent them email but they havent replied to anybody
    Sounds dodgy maybe theres a delay

So what should i expect for the medical

So what should i expect for the medical

When i was there,first they checked my weight,my heart,hearing,eyesight-colour vision,then i had to fill out a long form,all about your past medical history,give urine,than they took blood,dentist and the doctor will see you,every where:d good luck

What did they ask on the long form...?

What did they ask on the long form...?
    You have to give all of your details,there is a list with different types of illnes and you have to tick which one you had,they ask if you smoke,how many a day if yes,do you drink alcohol,about tattoes,scratches and things like these.there are few question on your family as well,i cant remember what are they.but its about their health.and they will check if u have tattoos above the colar line.i know a man who got to the medical,they checked where are the tattoos,and he had on the neck,so he failed because u cant have above the colar line...he should know this because we were told this at the start...

So is it pretty straight forward and do they tell u their and then if u pass fail.. Do u know what the eye requirements are

So is it pretty straight forward and do they tell u their and then if u pass fail.. Do u know what the eye requirements are
    Yes,you will know on the day if you pass it or not.if you pass than you have to wait for the blood and urine test,usually it is 10 days,but as i said before,i had my medical in mid august and still didnt hear anything... I just know that you have to be normal colour vision,i dont know about the numbers on the eye... If you have glasses or lenses take it with you.there are also a minimum hearing requirement,that you need to pass,you will get the result after you finish hearing test.

• Advertisement

Recruitment Update - The general service recruitment process is ongoing and there are still places to be offered to candidates in some parts of the Defence Forces. Successful candidates will be offered places, within the next 10 days, by e-mail and must accept the offer within a certain period. Once the individual has accepted an offer he/she will be sent an e-mail with information in regard to the training location, timings, and a list of what items they must bring with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

I did my medical at the start of September for the navy. i wasnt from any panel, i passed the interview then went straight to the medical. I havnt heard anything since. is anyone else in the same position as me?

So has anyone been called for a medical recently or are all these upcoming positions being filled from the panel of people who had medicals originally....?

I got called from the panel medical 0830 hrs monday 22nd of october.

But according to the DF facebook page they are not calling anybody.. A few people got the same email????

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

I got called from the panel medical 0830 hrs monday 22nd of october.

But according to the DF facebook page they are not calling anybody.. A few people got the same email????

The curragh may have had alot of medical fails or drop outs and they probably need to have a certain amount on standby.

either way your almost guaranteed a place considering you got a medical, maybe not on november 19 but when they take the next platoons on im sure the people from the panel who got medicals will be in the first of them if they havent already replaced someone.

Ya i was thinking that myself hopefully everything goes well.. Anyways lads this means the panel is starting to be used so get ready ha

Acceptance emails for the curragh out today

Anyone know the vision requirements for general service ive been told 6/18 by one and 6/36 by another.. Confused much ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

b. Vision

Eyesight must be surgically untreated and colour vision must be normal. Both eyes must be free from disfiguring or incapacitating abnormality and free from acute or chronic disease. There must be no evidence of squint or latent squint. Applicants who have had previous incisional or laser treatment to correct visual acuity are excluded from eligibility.

Vision must be not

less than 6/18 in

each eye, corrected

to not less than 6/6

in one eye and 6/9

in the other.

• Advertisement

I seen that in the cadet booklet couldnt find the recruit one though thought it was different for general service

Advertisement