Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kiddd94

Have many people applied who are still in school doing the leaving ? And if so is there a good chance of us succeeding in our application ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

Any ideas when the first round of testing is going to begin?

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

swimfast wrote: »
    Any ideas when the first round of testing is going to begin?

We'll know when you know. Chances are though it'll be some time over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Well if applications close on the 13th, maybe two weeks after that?

Well if applications close on the 13th, maybe two weeks after that?

I think he's referring to general enlistment, which closed on April 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

Kiddd94 wrote: »
    Have many people applied who are still in school doing the leaving ? And if so is there a good chance of us succeeding in our application ?

My experience in the very same situation, for what it's worth - and this was fadó fadó - was that the Leaving would have to be given a miss, and re-taken the following year.

Turbine wrote: »
    I think he's referring to general enlistment, which closed on April 22.

Yes I'm referring to that

Any word back from the general enlistment comp anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

is there any truth to a rumor i heard that preference is giving to those who are younger ? i.e just out of school...

im currently 23, applied the last time too and was on the waiting list but that looks to be scrapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

is there any truth to a rumor i heard that preference is giving to those who are younger ? i.e just out of school...

im currently 23, applied the last time too and was on the waiting list but that looks to be scrapped.

No truth to it at all.

It's a bit like the crap you hear about them not being too keen on lads with degrees because "They're able to think for themselves". It's just pure and utter ****e.

Considering you made it onto the list last time, you should do well again in the competition this year. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Poccington wrote: »
    No truth to it at all.

It's a bit like the crap you hear about them not being too keen on lads with degrees because "They're able to think for themselves". It's just pure and utter ****e.

Considering you made it onto the list last time, you should do well again in the competition this year. Best of luck with it.

that's a relief anyway, thanks for clarifying that.

cheers, since the last competition iv become qualified in personal training through the NCEF so hopefully that will boost my chances a bit more and give me a better chance to be successful this time round.

thanks for the help, appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Got this in an email today, hope it might answer a few questions:
    The competition is provisionally scheduled as follows:-

a. Recruitment Questionnaire 11th of May (You will sent an email link on that date which must be completed by the 16th of May or you will be removed from the competition).

b. PT Testing 24th May to 08th of June (In the interview center you applied for).

c. Psychometric Testing 29th, 30th of June and 01st of July (Venue yet to be decided).

d. Interviews 17th to 30th of July (In the interview center you applied for).

e. Medical 06th to 17th of August (In the interview center you applied for).

It is proposed to induct the first Platoon of successful candidates September/ October 2012.

Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

What center did you apply for Brembo?

What center did you apply for Brembo?

Athlone!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Got email today, I turn 25 at the beginning of September though so not sure I'll even be eligible by induction time.

brembo26 wrote: »
    Athlone!

Yeah. i applied to the Dublin center, so I'm just wondering if the dates would be different.. or even the layout of the schedule..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wills21

Got the same email today! Good luck everyone!

Going to the phoenix park tomorrow to start training, anybody care to join me? If we could get a few people down it would be great.

Anybody interested drop me a PM.

Wills21 wrote: »
    Going to the phoenix park tomorrow to start training, anybody care to join me? If we could get a few people down it would be great.

Anybody interested drop me a PM.

Give investment a shout, him and Roger will have you fit in no time! :D

I just sent investment a pm, thanks mate!

What have you done.. haha

• Advertisement

Likewise lads and ladies, if there is anyone in Galway that would like to do a bit of training for the Athlone interview send me a PM. I would mostly be into jogging but im open minded to harder training!

I got no email does this mean I was unsuccessful :(

Just got email chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Got email today, I turn 25 at the beginning of September though so not sure I'll even be eligible by induction time.

Did you find out if your eligible I'm in the same boat?

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Did you find out if your eligible I'm in the same boat?

According to the email I got if you turn 25 at any stage before you are enlisted then you are not eligible.

And the last sentence in the email was "It is proposed to induct the first Platoon of successful candidates September/ October 2012."

So I would say it all depends on when you turn 25 and when they enlist the first platoon. Fingers crossed it's before you turn 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ThatGuy93

Does anyone know if the run will be held on grass or a hard surface?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

hard surface man.

Just got the E-mail....
    Two weeks prepping for the fitness test lads.. Good luck to all of ye's.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭alan86

Just wondering is it 20 push ups and 20 situps in one minute or is it one minute for each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

alan86 wrote: »
    Just wondering is it 20 push ups and 20 situps in one minute or is it one minute for each.

one minute each.

Advertisement